Why do we use the “IP Blocker Interface”?
Posted by Allura on 26 11 2018.
The IP Blocker interface is for cPanel and WHM version 68. It allows one to block access to one’s site for one or more than one IP addresses or fully qualified domain names (FQDNs).
Block An IP Address
Before going to the steps, it is important to note that if one enters IP addresses directly into the .htaccess file, then one must enter them in CIDR format only.
- One needs to enter the IP address or range in the IP Address or Domain text box. One can enter IP address in any one of the formats below:
- A single IP address (for example 10.5.3.333)
- Range (for example: 10.5.3.3 – 10.5.3.40)
- Implied range (for example 10.5.3.3 – 40)
- CIDR format (for example 10.5.3.3/32)
- Implied IP address (for example 10)
- Then one can click Add.
Currently Blocked IP Addresses
The IP address ranges that one enters into subnets in CIDR format is separated by the system. After that, the system adds the addresses to the .htaccess file.
This interface lists the blocked IP addresses and ranges in the table in CIDR format, the information being true that:
- The CIDR-formatted IP address range is represented by Server Setting.
- The begging of the range represented by Beginning IP.
- The end of the range is represented by Ending IP.
Unblock An IP Address
- To block an IP address, the first step is to click on Delete option in the Actions column for the proper IP address.
- Finally, click on Remove IP.
IP blocker with the above mentioned steps helps in blocking any undesirable access to one’s site with permission.