What is the Theme Manager
Posted by Allura on 18 04 2018.
About Theme Manager
The themes of the interfaces like cPanel, Login, Webmail, and WHM can be managed by the theme manager. The theme of WHM and cPanel is treated as the skeletal frame by the system. On that basic frame, the style of the theme is to be added. Some elements like HTML and CSS are there as the contents of the theme.
Details about the Themes
In order to manage a theme, click on the option ‘Manage Theme’. The particular themes which can be managed by this interface are mentioned below:-
- Paper Lantern: This theme gets appeared in the cPanel interface specifically for those users of cPanel by whom this theme is used. If you want the Paper Lantern theme and for that when you click on ‘manage theme’, you are automatically redirected to the ‘customization’ interface of WHM by the system.
- cPanel: For those cPanel users by whom themes of another cPanel interface, this cPanel theme appears.
- Login: On the login interface of the cPanel a theme appears and is known as Login theme.
- Webmail: This theme is for the clients of webmail. For creating a custom webmail theme, a cPanel theme having the same name must be used.
- WHM: The theme which the web host and the resellers see on the WHM interface is known as WHM theme.
The Theme Manager
With the help of this feature, you can view, clone, download, upload and delete any theme. All the instruction written below are applicable only for cPanel, Webmail, WHM and login sections.
- View a snapshot of the theme: If you wish to view a theme’s snapshot, that ‘View’ icon is to be clicked which corresponds to the desired theme.
- Clone a theme: A copy of the cloned theme is always created by the system. The following steps are to be followed to clone a theme:-
- Click on the ‘clone’ icon corresponding to that theme which you want to edit.
- On the next page, give a name to the newly cloned theme.
- At last click on ‘submit’. Now the theme will be cloned and displayed in the ‘themes’ table.
- Download a theme: Click on ‘download’ when you have to download a theme.
- Delete a theme: You need to delete old and unused themes to free space in the disk. If you wish to delete such a theme, click on ‘delete’ button first and then from the newly opened dialogue box click on ‘yes’.
- Upload a theme: New themes can be uploaded or installed by following these steps:-
- First, either click on ‘browse’ or the name of the file of the theme is to be entered under the heading ‘install theme’.
- Select the new theme file which is to be uploaded.
- Last, click on ‘upload’ and the new theme will be shown in the ‘themes’ table.
Try a theme (for WHM themes only): In the ‘WHM Themes’ list, click on ‘activate’ to try the new theme. The interface automatically turns to the newly activated theme.
With the help of ‘theme manager’, addon themes are installed and updated. These are the additional themes provided by cPanel or a third party. To start, click on the ‘manage add-on themes’ link which can be found at the bottom of the interface.
Install an addon theme: The addon themes which you desire to use, select its ‘install and keep updated’ checkboxes and then click on ‘save’.
Uninstall an addon theme: If you want to remove an add-on theme, click on ‘uninstall’ option which is there next to your chosen theme.
Last but not the Least
If you create a theme on your own or a theme which is not there in cPanel is used then these files have to exist: /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/$theme/passwd/changepass.html and /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/$theme/passwd/index.html. The interfaces are controlled by these files for each time the cPanel user’s password is changed.