What is the Raw Access Logs?
Posted by Allura on 21 12 2018.
One can navigate to (Home >> Metrics >> Raw Access) for working on this feature. These are text files containing information about one’s website’s visitors and the content on one’s website that have been accessed. It further allows to download a zipped version of one’s access log.
- Firstly one needs to select the Archive log files in one’s home directory after the system processes statistics. checkbox to move log files to the /home directory after the system processes one’s website’s statistics.
It is to note that the system by default automatically processes website statistics approximately every 24 hours. However, one’s system administrator may alter or modify the process frequency or manually request a statistics run.
- Then one can select the Remove the previous month’s archived logs from your home directory at the end of each month box in order to remove the previous month’s logs at the end of each month.
- Finally, one can click on Save to store the changes.
Download Current Raw Access Logs
- Domain —It has a list of the domains on one’s account. One needs to perform the following steps in order to access a domain’s raw access log :
- One can click the desired link to download the domain’s raw access log. It will automatically download the log file to one’s computer.
- Then one needs to unzip the file to view it.
- Last Update — Has the date of the most recent update to the log file.
- Disk Usage — Has the amount of disk space that the log files uses.
- Linked Domains — Has the list of the domains that are parked on top of the domain.
Archived Raw Logs
This particular section has the task of listing the archived logs that one’s /home directory contains.
It is to note that the system updates the archive at the end of each month. One can read the cPanel Log Rotation Configuration documentation to get more valuable information.
- Then one needs to click the filename to download an archived log file.
- The log file can be viewed through the command line in one’s /home/username In that case one has to use one’s preferred text editor to open the access-logs file.
It is to note that the directory will remain empty in case no archived log files exist.
Raw access logs can be downloaded and archived with some technical steps as outlined in the review.