What is the Manage API Token?
Posted by Allura on 13 03 2019.
One can navigate to (WHM>> Home>> Development>> Mange API Tokens) to utilize this feature.
Functions of the Manage API Tokens Interface:
- Lets you list, create, update and revoke API tokens.
- Allocate Access Control List (ACL) opportunities to API tokens.
Purpose of API Tokens:
- You do not need a password to log in to the server.
- It will help you validate with WHM’s remote API and this allows a reseller or third-party developer to run API function calls with your account’s information.
The API tokens table looks something like this:
||API token name
||Time of creation
Format: MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss
||Edit and Revoke the API token
API tokens can be used only with the following features:
- DNS Clusters
- Configuration Clusters
- WHM API functions
To Create an API token
- The Generate API Token form will surface when you click on Generate Token.
- Input a name for the token in the Name textbox.
- Deselect the privileges you do not want to assign to the token under the Privileges heading.
- When you click Generate, the new API token hash with its name will appear.
- Select Yes, I saved my token.
Make sure that you have saved your API token in a secure location on your workstation so that you can easily retrieve it and use it with other features.
To Edit an API Token
- Pinpoint the API token you want to edit from the API Tokens list.
- Click Edit under the Actions column.
- The Edit API Token form will be viewed.
- Now you can change the name, ACL privileges or both of the API token and click Save.
- A success message will be displayed on the screen.
Note that at least one ACL privilege should be assigned to the token.
To Revoke an API Token
- In the API Tokens list, identify the token you would like to revoke.
- Click Revoke under the Actions column.
- Click Continue on the confirmation message. If successful, a message will be displayed on the upper-right corner of the interface.
Remember that on revoking an API token, any account or script using that API token will cease to function.
This article contains all the important details regarding the API token interface.