What is the Initial Quota Setup Interface?
Posted by Allura on 04 03 2019.
For using this feature, one can navigate to
WHM>> Home>> Server Configuration >> Initial Quota Setup
Why is Initial Quota Setup Important?
The purpose of the Initial Quota Setup Interface is to scan the server to make sure that the disk space quotas on the directories, used by the cPanel users to store their files is used by it. It is recommended for the users to use quota support because otherwise, neither will the disk space usage be exhibited nor the quota limits will be enforced. Initial Quota Setup is activated by default when users make new installations of cPanel and WHM.
- Database included quotas have n impact on only cPanel-related functions.
- Quotas do not stop the user from updating MySQL, MariaDB or PostgreSQL databases.
- It may so happen that the backup processes for an account that is near or over its quota fails due to the system’s incapacity to write necessary files.
- The system run processes like PHP scripts that create files, can generate user-owned files only till the number of files reaches the quota. This happens since the cPanel settings are not accessed by kernel-implemented quota.
Quota Setup: Procedure
In order to carry out the quota scan, click on Proceed. On clicking proceed, the system operates the /scripts/initquota script which overlooks home directory mount points which employs the no, no auto and loop options. users can troubeshoot this matter by opening the/etc/fstab file using a text editor and look for these options.
Some Important Fore Warnings:
- It is important to note that your servers need to have kernel support for quotas. The initial quota setup process might lead to an unbootable system in case, the server utilizes a custom kernel which does not include quota support.
- Quotas can be broken by CloudLinux 7 updates. Hence, you must operate the /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/fixquotas script and then reboot the server after every update of CloudLinux 7.
- On enabling Quota System Administration notifications, you will be notified by the system whenever it is ready to reboot and when the quotas are activated and the quota scan is completed.
- Servers that use the XFS filesystem and run CentOS 7 or Red Hat EnterpriseLinuz7 will need some extra actions for quotas to perform correctly if you deactivate and reactivate quotas like:
- WHM Interface to arrange quotas
- Command Line
- Manually via the Command Line
All the essential information relation to Initial Quota Setup has been provided in this article.