What is the cPanel Plugin File Generator
Posted by Allura on 14 02 2019.
The purpose of the cPanel Plugin File Generator is to generate plugin installation files for the particular Paper Lantern theme of the cPanel interface.
This plugin installation file, once generated, automates the installation process and so stores the plugin’s configuration details in the form of a .tar.gz file. This file is in turn stored in the cPanel plugin generator directory and can be accessed from the same.
Singular items are grouped together on cPanel interfaces and act as direct links to particular interfaces within the system.
The plugin generator interface may however be accessed only when one is logged in as the root user.
How to Generate a Plugin Installation File
The steps that one must follow on order to generate a cPanel plugin installation file are as follows:
- One must enter a Unique Identifier Value for the plugin in the unique identifier text box. If this happens to coincide with an existing identifier value one is given a warning followed by an option to Overwrite the cPanel item that is already existent.
- If one wishes to control the access to the plugin via the feature manager interface then one has to simply select the feature manager support checkbox to do so.
- Next one must select the given Group in which the generated plugin shall appear from the groups menu. One can also create and name a group of one wishes to, for the purpose at hand.
- Select a Priority Value for the plugin from between the numbers 1 to 99 keeping in mind that the priority given to items is inversely proportional to their priority values.
- Following that, one must enter the desired plugin location in the URL text box on the interface.
- Next one has to select an icon file for the plugin. This can be accomplished using the Browse option. The icon files should be in a PNG or an SVG format.
- Then one must add the new item to the new plugin information section.
- In order to add further items to the plugin installation file at the given juncture, one must repeat all of the aforementioned steps for each of them.
- Finally, one has to simply enter new cPanel Plugin name in the New Plugin Information text box and finally, select the Generate button to generate the new and ready cPanel plugin file.
Once the new plugin has been successfully generated one must download it by clicking on a displayed banner on the interface.
Once the plugin installation file has been downloaded, it can be installed to the Paper Lantern theme using the cPanel plugin installation script.