What is an Email Account Forwarders? How to Add Forwarder
Posted by Allura on 14 03 2018.
A Brief Overview
This interface allows the user to configure an email address to forward copies of incoming emails to another address. This feature is useful if, for example, the user wants to use one email address to check emails addressed to multiple accounts. The user can also discard email or send (pipe) email to a program. In order to manage forwarders for a specific domain on the user’s account, select the desired domain from the Managing menu.
Important note: Use the BOXTRAPPER feature (CPANEL >> Home >> Email >>BOXTRAPPER), use the BOXTRAPPER Forward List feature to manage forwarders for email accounts.
Email Account Forwarders
The Email Account Forwarders table lists all the email addresses that use a forwarder to redirect email to another address or service.
- Enter a keyword in the Searchtext box and click Go to quickly find a specific email address.
- To view the route that a forwarded email takes, click Trace in the Functions next to that email address.
- Clicking Delete next to that email address and then clicking Delete Forwarder will result in deleting the forwarder.
- If you do not delete the CPANEL account for which email is forwarded, both accounts will receive email.
- Creating a forwarder from an address that does not have a CPANEL account results in forwarding all incoming mail from one account to another but stops all incoming email at the first account. If the account already exists, delete it.
To add a Mail Forwarder, perform the following steps:
- Click Add Forwarder.
- Enter the address for which you wish to forward incoming email in the Address to Forwardtext box.
- Select the desired domain from the menu.
- Select one of the following options:
- Forward to email address– Select this option to forward incoming email to another address. Enter the address to which you wish to forward email in the text box.
- To discard incoming email and automatically send a failure notice to the sender select this option- Discard and send an error to the sender (at SMTP time). Enter the desired failure message in the Failure Message text box.
- Click Advanced Options to view the following additional options:
- To forward incoming email to a system user enter the desired username in the text box by selecting ‘Forward’ to a system account.
- This text box accepts the username of any user on the server.
- System accounts do not have a public-facing email address.
- Pipe to a program — To automatically forward incoming email to a program, enter a path to the program, relative to the account’s home directory (for example, utilities/support.pl) in the text box. Read the ‘Pipe to a Program’ section written herein.
- To discard incoming email without a failure notice select the option- Discard (Not Recommended).
Pipe to a Program
Use the Pipe to a Program option to parse and enter email information into a different system. For example, use the ‘Pipe to a Program’ option.to pipe email information to a program that enters email information into a ticket system.
- STDINpipes email and headers to the program.
- Pipes can accept variables from the $_SERVERarray and variables on the command line.
- The language or environment that you use may cause memory limit issues.
- If your script produces any output, even a blank line, the system will create a bounce message that contains that output.
When you use the Pipe to a Program option, enter a path that is relative to your home directory. For example, to use the /home/user/script.pl script, enter script.pl in the Pipe to a Program text box, where user represents your username.
Copy all domains’ incoming email to another domain using the ‘Domain Forwarders’. Domain forwarders override the default address for the forwarded domain.
The Forward All Email for a Domain table lists all of the domain forwarders for your account.
Important note: Domain forwarders only forward email when the system cannot deliver it to an address or ‘auto responder’. For example, if a user sends an email to the email@example.com address, the following actions might take place:
- If a firstname.lastname@example.org or autoresponder exists, CPANEL will not forward the email.
- If a email@example.com or autoresponder does not exist, CPANEL will forward the email.
Add Domain Forwarder
To add a domain forwarder, the following steps need to be performed:-
- Click Add Domain Forwarder.
- Enter the domain to which you want to forward email.
- Click Add Domain Forwarder.
Delete a domain forwarder
To remove a domain forwarder, click Delete next to the domain forwarder that you wish to remove, and then click Delete Domain Forwarder to confirm.
E-mail forwarder is a very useful part of CPANEL. It helps to configure an email address to forward copies of incoming mails to another address. This article also lays down the concept of domain forwarders and how to add, remove and delete them.