What Does the “File Restoration Interface” do in cPanel?
Posted by Allura on 01 11 2018.
This feature is for cPanel and WHM version 68. One can navigate to (cPanel >> Home >> Files >> File Restoration) to work on this feature.
It is important to note that one’s system administrator or hosting provider should enable account backups and ensure system’s retain backup files locally in order to make a use of this feature.
This interface allows a user in restoring items from local backup files and displays all the files and directories in a backup file.
It is to note that this particular interface will allow one only to restore items from local backup files and will only display the WHM-generated backup files and not any cPanel-user-created backup files.
Restore A File
- One must click the desired directory’s name in order to view a directory’s contents.
- One needs to click on the file that the user wish to restore. Thereafter the interface will display all locally-available backup files of the particular file.
- One can click on Restore This Version for the desired backup of the file if one wish to restore. A confirmation message will appear thereafter.
- If the file that one desires to restore exists formerly on one’s account, do a user need to select the Overwrite existing file? One needs to checkbox so as to continue the restoration process. If not, click Cancel .
- One then needs to confirm the restoration of the file.
- Lastly, click on Restore. Thereafter, a success message will appear.
This feature helps a user to restore files in cPanel with certain technical steps.