What are the Image Scalar and Format in the Image Interface?
Posted by Allura on 25 05 2018.
A brief introduction:
cPanel provides you with a feature called image interface. With the help of this feature you can manage images saved in your account. In order to manage the images they also provides some key features or tools:
- Thumbnail image.
- Image scalar.
- Image format.
What is the Image Scalar Tool?
The feature or the tool called image scalar is basically used to resize or alter an individual image save in a folder.
How can you use this feature?
In order to resize an image you will have to go through the following steps:-
- Choose the image that you wish to resize.
- Choose the folder icon to navigate the file system.
- Then click on a folder name to select it.
- Then choose a file name to select it.
- Now to set the new image size, you can choose any of the following steps:
- The New Dimensions text boxes can be used to define the pixels of the chosen image.
- You can also use the Percent text boxes to customize the percentage by which you want to resize your images.
- Then choose the Keep the current aspect ratio checkbox to confirm that the image’s dimensions remain proportional, to prevent the distortion of the image.
- You can also change it to the default by selecting Reset Dimensions option.
- Then click the Retain a copy of the old image as checkbox to store a copy of the original image and mention the file path where you want to save the copy in the text box.
- Then select the Scale Image option.
What is image format?
This tool is used to convert an image file type to another file type and change the file type of all images present in a directory.
How to use this tool or feature?
In few steps you can change an image format. They are:-
- Choose the directory or file that you want to convert.
- Then select the folder icon to direct to the file system.
- Then choose the folder name to perform the changes.
- Choose the file format from the menu to which you want to convert your images. You will find these following formats:
- .PNG (b) .JPG (c) .GIF (d) .BMP
- Then select the Convert option and the system will save the new file in the same directory as the original file.
In a nutshell:
This article described the image scalar feature and the image format feature of the image interface of cPanel with execution process. This features will help you managing your saved cPanel images. Now you can change their formats according to your choice as well as set a desired size with few clicks.