What are ‘Image Scaler’ and the ‘Image Format’ Features in ‘Image Interface’?
Posted by Allura on 09 12 2019.
The discussed feature is for cPanel and WHM version 68. Navigate to (cPanel >> Home >> Files >> Images) to access this interface. The Images Interface helps user to modify and manage images that have been uploaded in their accounts. The following tools are present in this feature:
- Thumbnailer – This tool can be employed to create thumbnails from images in a directory and store them in a thumbnails subdirectory
- Scaler – This tool can be employed to resize images
- Converter – To convert image file type to another file type. For example, converting .jpg files to .png files.
- The creation of thumbnails can maintain bandwidth on a photo page, allowing visitors to view smaller images and access larger ones eventually.
- The thumbnailed images’ filename has a prefix tn_ helping differentiate from the original one without opening the file.
Steps To Convert A Directory Of Images To Thumbnails:
- Choose the directory containing images that need conversion. Remember that you have to select an entire folder as the tool cannot convert individual images. Then you need to click on the folder icon and then on the folder name.
- Look for Scale Percent text boxes; enter the proportion by which they are to shrink.
- Click on Keep Aspect Ratio checkbox to encourage image’s dimensions to be proportional but not distort. You can also click on Reset Dimensions to reset the Scale Percent values to the default.
- Click on Thumbnail Images. A text box appears with: The system successfully converted your images into thumbnail images and stored them in the following location: /home/user/.cpanel/thumbnails/tn_* Click on thumbnail path to open this folder in cPanel’s File Manager interface. Navigate to (cPanel >> Home >> Files >> File Manager).
Steps To Use A Scaler For Resizing Image:
- Select the image to be resized by clicking the folder icon to navigate the file system. Click on folder name followed by file name. You will find New Dimensions text boxes; enter the desired image size in pixels. The Percent text boxes must be accustomed in order to exemplify the percentage in resizing the images.
- To prevent distortion of the images, try to maintain the Keep the current aspect ratio check box.
- Click on Reset Dimensions to reset the Percent values to the default.
- To save the initial image, choose the Retain a copy of the old image checkbox and mark the file path.
- Finally, click the Scale Image. For viewing the rescaled image click on Your Image.
Steps to convert files from one type to another:
- Select image to be converted by clicking the folder icon to navigate the file system
- Click on folder name followed by file name.
- Choose the file format from the menu to convert image(s). The following formats are as follows:
- Click on Convert. The system saves new files in the original file’s directory.
All information on Image Scaler is outlined in this review.