Updated HTML Editor in cPanel
Posted by Allison on 27 09 2017.
Updated HTML Editor for better Working Experience
When you want to edit a file with the help of the cPanel’s File Manager, you can make urgent modifications to the website without uploading newer version of the file. cPanel boasts three different editors that can be used for editing files directly on a web server.
Here we’ll talk about HTML editor. An HTML editor is especially intended to be used for HTML files. This editor features WYSIWYG, i.e., What You See Is What You Get functionality. It also provides many features similar to the word processing programs features, for example, formatting toolbars, spell check and so on.
How to view a file
With cPanel, if you want to view a file’s content, you can do it without opening the file in any editor.
Editing a file is not always required. Sometimes you just want to see the file. And if you just want to have a look at the content of a file, you don’t need to open an editor.
For viewing a file in the File Manager, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps,
- In the File Manager window, choose the file which you want to view
- Click on the View icon and the file’s content will be appeared on a new page
How to edit a file using HTML Editor
To edit your desired file with HTML editor, all you need to follow the below-mentioned steps,
- In the File Manager window, choose the file you want to edit.
- Now click on the HTML editor
- Choose the character set encoding that your chosen file uses – the default code is utf – 8 (aka Unicode). While choosing the file, make sure you choose the right character encoding for concerned file. Or else, the file can be corrupted.
- Click the Edit And the content of the file will appear on a new page. You can now edit it.
- To modify the formatting, you may use the formatting toolbar. For instance, you may change the font size or the text alignment, add numbered or bulleted lists and so on.
- To view the HTML source code of the web page, click Source option at the bottom of the editor window.
- Click the Preview option at the bottom of editor window to preview the page.
- Now click the Save icon to save the changes you’ve made.
- To close HTML editor, just click the Cancel