Steps to use the RubyGems Package Manager
Posted by Allura on 29 11 2018.
This feature is for cPanel and WHM version 68. One needs to navigate to (cPanel >> Home >> Software >> RubyGems) interface to work on this feature.
This is a package manager for the Ruby programming language providing a self-contained format where the developers can distribute Ruby programs and libraries.
To know more about RubyGems, one can read the RubyGems documentation.
Ruby Gem Installer
If one knows the appropriate or the exact name of the Ruby Gem which one wishes to install, one can easily enter its name in the Install a Ruby Gem text box and click on Install Now.
- One needs to use one of the following methods to find the desired Ruby Gem:
- Firstly, in the available text box, one needs to enter a search term and click on Go.
- Then one needs to click on Show Available Ruby Gem(s) in order to list the available Ruby Gems.
- Then the interface will display the following information for all of the displayed Ruby Gems:
- Module Name — It is the Ruby Gem’s name.
- Version — It is the Ruby Gem’s version number.
- Description — It gives a description of the Ruby Gem.
- Actions — It gives the actions that one may perform for that Ruby Gem.
- Lastly, one needs to click on Install next to the Ruby Gem which one wishes to download and install.
- Further, to view a Ruby Gem’s documentation, one can click on Show Docs for that Ruby Gem.
- It may be the case that one could not find the desired Ruby Gem. In that case, one needs to enter a new keyword in the Search text box and click on Go.
Installed Ruby Gem(s)
This table lists all of the Ruby Gems that exist on one’s server. The table displays the following information:
- Module Name: It is the Ruby Gem’s name.
- Version: It is the Ruby Gem’s version number.
- Actions: One can perform the following actions for each specific Ruby Gem:
- Update — To update the Ruby Gem.
- Reinstall — To reinstall the Ruby Gem.
- Uninstall — To remove the Ruby Gem from one’s server.
- Show Docs — To read the Ruby Gem’s documentation.
This feature helps to have a self- contained format helping the developers to circulate the ruby programs and libraries with these technical steps.