Steps to use the ‘Removeacct Script’ to Terminate cPanel Accounts
Posted by Allura on 18 11 2019.
The removeacct script is for cPanel and WHM version 68. From the command line, the /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/removeacct script terminates the cPanel accounts.
- Firstly, this script erases all the knowledge for associate degree account. So one ought to ensure to fully erase or delete the account from one’s server before running this script.
- Secondly, one cannot recreate the account straight off when exploitation this script in terminating an associate degree account (as an example, in restoring the account from a backup).
A short delay can occur, whereas the system removes the account’s MySQL® users.
It is to be noted that in order to terminate a cPanel account, one can use the WHM’s Terminate Accounts interface (WHM >> Home >> Multi Account Functions >> Terminate Accounts).
The /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/removeacct Script
In order to use this script in terminating a cPanel account from the program line, one needs to run the following command:
/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/removeacct username [options]
One has the option to specify the choices while running this script:
- To bypass the confirmation step within the script and instantly terminate the account.
- Command: /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/removeacct username –force
- To retain the account’s zone files from the DNS server once the script terminates the account.
- Command: /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/removeacct username –keepdns
All information on how to use the removeacct script in terminating cPanel accounts is outlined in this review.