Steps to Purchase a cPanel License
Posted by Allura on 22 06 2018.
A Brief Introduction to cPanel License Interface
To use Cpanel and WHM servers you need a paid license from cPanel, Inc. Every cPanel and WHM server individually require a license to be purchased.
You can purchase a cPanel and WHM license by following these methods:
- cPanel and WHM 62 and later in recently-installed servers might display the Trial License banner. In that case, a license can be purchased through the WHM interface itself.
- You can procure a license through the Manage2 interface if you are a cPanel Partner and have access to Manage2.
- The cPanel Store also has an option to purchase a license.
Purchasing a License
Purchasing from within the WHM interface
- Log in to the WHM interface. You must be a root user or should be using a reseller account having root-level privileges. At the top of WHM’s Home interface you will find the Trial License banner. Click Purchase a License.
- You must be logged in to the cPanel Store. If not, an access request will be generated by the system. Click on Allow Access after verifying your server name and username.
- A license type will be automatically selected by the system based on your server. Verify the details of your order, confirm your agreement to the legal guidelines, enter your payment information, and click Pay Now.
Purchasing from the cPanel Store
- After opening the cPanel Store, login to your cPanel account or create a new one. On the Store Home page, click the Buy Now option under cPanel & WHM for Linux.
- Select your preferred license type under the Select License Type and Term section. Then, select the desired license term. Next to every term the recurring billing amount is displayed.
- Enter the IPv4 address/addresses of your choice in the Enter the IP Address(es) text box, found in the Enter IP Addresses section. Click Add to Cart.
- Verify your order details displayed on the Items in Cart page and click Checkout.
- Read and accept the End User License Agreement (EULA) and then click Continue.
- Enter your payment details under the Payment section and click Place Order. You will then receive an invoice page and a confirmation email.
Purchasing the License through Manage2
- After logging in to your Manage2 account, locate the Add License interface at Dashboard > Licenses > Add License.
- Provide the appropriate license information. Use the Add License interface to enter details the license term and type, group, package, IP address, and so on. Click on Add License. You will get a confirmation message.
cPanel provides you with these three convenient ways in which you can purchase a license for your system and take advantage of the features that cPanel has to offer.