Posted by Allura on 10 05 2018.
This interface allows remote servers to access MySQL databases on your account. If you desire to give access to different shopping carts or guestbook applications on other servers to access your databases then this interface will be useful for you.
Configuration of MySQL in your server:
There are two option through which you can set-up MySQL in your server:-
- Log in to the WHM server interface and in the left side navigation bar you will see labeled SQL Services. From there you can select from the given list or you can search for MySQL by typing ‘sql’ in the search box. Then select the link marked Additional MySQL Access Hosts:
- On this page, type one or more host’s name or IP addresses in the text box and then select the Save button. And if you desire to activate these settings for all user accounts, you will have to select in the mentioned link on this page.
- Now it will show that the remote connection has been triggered in the WHM for all domain accounts that desires to avail the remote connection, and will have to activate it in their own cPanel interface.
- Log in to the domain’s cPanel interface.
- Now in the Databases section you will find the link/button labeled Remote MySQL
- Select the given link/button.
- A page will appear in your browser.
- In that page add a hostname or IP address that you desire to allow the remote MySQL access.
- Then click the Save button.
Using a Wildcard to allow all IP’s:
If it is necessary for you to avail a wildcard if you are having a multiple IP addresses or it changes regularly then you can add it by using the % symbol. This will add all the IP addresses in a given range.
For example, If you desire to list all IP addresses between 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 you’ll just have to add the IP address 174.77.92.%.
Deny MySQL access:
In order to deny the access of your database to a remote host, go through the following steps:
- Select delete next to the host’s name or IP address.
- Then select yes.
This interface named MySQL helps you or other server holders to access other severs remotely with an ease as it is disabled in cPanel by default you’ll just have to enable and add host names or IP addresses.