What are the PHP PEAR Packages?
Posted by Allura on 06 03 2018.
A Brief Overview:
Written in PHP language, PHP PEAR packages are software components of cPanel. Searching for and adding PEAR packages to a website are allowed by the interface of PHP PEAR packages. It also allows viewing every PHP packages available on the website.
Installing PHP PEAR Package Manually:
PEAR package installer enables to search for, then download and then to install a PEAR package. If the name of the PEAR package which is to be installed is known to you, just enter the name in the Install a Module textbox and then click on the option Install.
Follow these steps to search for and install a PEAR package:
- Either in the available text box, a search term has to be entered or the option “Go” has to be selected. Or to find available PEAR packages, the option “Show” has to select.
- Some information about the displayed PEAR packages is shown in the interface like-
- “Module Name” which is the name of the PEAR package,
- “Version” which is the number of the PEAR package’s number,
- “Description” which is the PEAR package’s description and
- “Actions” which is the actions which might be performed for that particular PEAR package.
- Click on “Install” which is next to the PEAR package that you wish to download and install. In order to view the documentation of the PEAR package, select the “Show Docs” If you are unable to find the PEAR package which you desire to find, a new keyword has to be entered in the “Search Text Box” and then click on GO.
Installed PEAR Packages:
The PEAR packages which exist on the server are listed in the “Installed Modules” table. The following information of each PEAR package is displayed in the table.
- Module Name: Here the name of the PEAR package is shown.
- Version: -It displays the number of the version of the PEAR package.
- Actions: Four functions can be performed by each PEAR package- Updating the PEAR package, Reinstallation of the PEAR package, Uninstalling of or removing the Pear package from the server and Show Docs.
There are certain PHP PEAR packages which are already configured with cPanel. In the cPanel, the icon of PHP PEAR packages is to be clicked first then from the available options, Show System Installed Modules is to be clicked. If the extension which is required is not listed go as per the above-mentioned instructions.