Key Steps to Setup Google Drive for WHM Backup
Posted by Allura on 29 05 2019.
This article review will help a user in understanding how to set up his Google Drive™ account as an Additional Destination in WHM’s Backup Configuration interface (WHM >> Home >> Backup >> Backup Configuration).
Set up the Google Drive API for your Google Account
- Firstly, user needs to visit the Google API Manager website.
- Then, user has to click on Library, available in the left navigation bar.
- Thirdly, he has to proceed by clicking on GoogleDrive API under the G Suite heading.
- Proceed by clicking on Create Project, following by clicking on Create. A new menu will appear thereafter.
Note that in case the new menu is not appearing, user has to click on Credentials option in the left navigation bar and then click on Create.
- User needs to click on Create after entering his new project name.
- Finally, finish the task by clicking on Enable.
Increase your Google Drive API Quota
- Begin by visiting the Google API Manager website.
- Then, click on Google Drive API available in the left side navigation bar.
- Proceed by clicking on Quotas.
- User needs to boost the value of the Queries per 100 seconds per user setting.
- Finally, complete the task by clicking on Done.
Create your Account Credentials
- Here also, like the previous tasks, a user has to start this task by visiting the Google API Manager website.
- Then, click on Credentials available in the left side navigation bar.
- Proceed by clicking on Create credentials.
- User has to select Google Drive API from the Which API are you using?
- Then, select Web Server (e.g. node,js, Tomcat) from the Where will you be calling the API from?
- Proceed by selecting User Data option from the What data will you be accessing?
- Then, click on What credentials do I need?
- User has to enter a name of his choice in the Create an OAuth 2.0 client ID. text box.
- User has to enter the https://hostname:2087/googledriveauth/callback link in the Authorized redirect URIs text box, where the hostname is represented as the server’s hostname.
- By clicking on Create, the user can see the interface displaying his new client ID and client secret.
These credentials has to be saved in a secure location. Step 7 of the Create a Google Drive transport procedure asks for these credentials. Also, user can download a JSON file with his client ID and client secret, or access them in the Credentials section.
Create a Google Drive Transport
- Start by login in to WHM as a root-enabled user.
- Then, user can navigate to WHM’s Backup Configuration interface (WHM >> Home >> Backup >> Backup Configuration) and scroll to the Additional Destinations section.
- The Google Drive™ option can be selected from the Destination Type menu.
- Then, click on Create new destination option.
- The desired destination name has to be entered by the user.
- User can then select the desired folder where he wishes to store the backups.
- Proceed by entering the client ID and client secret.
- Click on Generate Credentials option for creating the credentials file. A new tab will appear allowing to authorize access to the user’s Google Drive data.
- Then click on Authorize Access option.
- The desired timeout duration needs to be entered in the Timeout text box.
- Complete the task by clicking on Save Destination option.
All information on how to setup Google Drive for WHM backup is outlined in this review.