How to Use cPanel for WordPress Hosting?
Posted by Allura on 05 06 2018.
A Brief Introduction
WordPress® is a content management system using which users can create websites or blogs. And cPanel provides you the perfect means to host your WordPress website or Blogs seamlessly.
How to install WordPress?
The following steps must be performed in order to enable WordPress installations as a cPaddon:-
- The user has to navigate to WHM’s Install cPaddons Site Software interface (WHM >> Home >> cPanel >> Install cPaddons Site Software).
- The Word Press row’s checkbox must be selected.
Now new installations can be created by cPanel and WHM servers with cPAddon’s RPM-based WordPress installation package that we added in cPanel & WHM version 64.
- Next the option Update cPAddon Config. must be clicked.
The cPaddon also installs the WordPress Manager cPanel Plugin when the WordPress cPaddon is installed. The WordPress Manager interface is included in this plugin. (cPanel >> Home >> Applications >> WordPress Manager).
Steps to enable moderation
The following steps must be performed in order to moderate installations for the WordPress cPaddon:-
- The user has to navigate to WHM’sManage cPaddons Site Software interface (WHM >> Home >> cPanel >> Manage cPaddons Site Software).
- The cPanel::Blogs::WordPresscheckbox must be selected.
- The Update Moderation option must be clicked.
For the WordPress (legacy) cPaddon the user must not modify or delete the default WordPress plugins and themes that the cPanel installation provides for the Word Press (legacy) cPaddon.
What are the WordPress installation issues?
- The domain name is represented by example.com
- The account name is represented by example
- The subdomain’s directory is represented by subdomain.
- The add on domain name is represented by addon.com
The following requirements must be checked if the user experiences difficulties with WordPress:-
- Only one installation of WordPress in the document root directory can be hosted by each cPanel account user.
- Document root directories have the following examples:-
- /home/example/public_html /
- /home/example/public_html /addon.com
- /home/example/public_html /subdomain
- Only one WordPress installation is there in each directory.
- Following are the examples of installations that use the wordpress subdirectory:
- Under the document root for the main domain: /home/example/public_html/wordpress
- Under a subdomain: /home/example/public_html/subdomain/wordpress
- Under an add on domain: /home/example/public_html/addon.com/wordpress
What are the database connection errors?
If there is a database connection error in WordPress the user has to ensure that the name and password of the database in the wp-config.php file are identical to the database credentials in your account.
WordPress Hosting is an essential aspect of cPanel as it can be used to create websites or blogs and this article describes how to install wordpress and enable moderation and also the database connection errors that occur in WordPress.