How to Set Up Calendars and Contacts?
Posted by Allura on 18 10 2018.
The information on your calendar (CalDAV) and contacts (CardDAV) can be found in cPanel’s Calendars and Contacts interface (cPanel >> Home >> Email >> Calendars and Contacts). To set up cPanel calendars and contacts on Apple desktop and mobile device operating systems you can go through the procedures given below.
Let us take the help of an example to go through the steps:
- Server— example.com:2080
- User Name— example or email@example.com
- Password— 12345luggage
- Description—My Calendars
To set up calendar and contact applications:
For iOS 10.0 users
- You have to go to the account configuration menu: To access the calendars (CalDav) and contacts (CardDav) account configuration menu on your iOS device:
- First tap
- Go to Accounts & Passwords.
- In the Accounts list, tap on Add Account.
- As the new tab opens tap on Other.
- Enter the proper account type: To add a calendar account navigate to CONTACTS and tap on Add CardDav Account. Tap on Add CalDav Account under CALENDARS to add a contacts account.
- Fill in your account information: Add your information in the appropriate text boxes to complete the process and save changes.
For MacOS Sierra and EI Captain
- Go to the account configuration menu: To navigate to the calendars (CalDav) and contacts (CardDav) account configuration menu on your Apple computer:
- Click Launchpad, followed by System Preferences
- Then click on Internet Accounts
- Finally click Add Other Account
- Add the appropriate account type.
Click Add a CalDAV Account to add a calendar account, or Add CardDAV Account to add a contacts account. Then, click Create…
- Enter your account information: To complete the setup of your account, enter your information in the appropriate text boxes.
For Other Operating Systems
- Access your application’s configuration interface: Use the following steps to access the calendars (CalDav) and contacts (CardDav) account configuration interface. These steps will vary application to application.
- Enter your account’s information.
Enter the following information:
- Type yourUsername; Your cPanel account user or webmail user.
Example: for cPanel account users – example
For webmail user – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type Server; The full URL to the user’s calendar or contacts.
Example: in case of Autodiscovery – example.com
For Non-Autodiscovery cPanel user – https://example.com:2080/rpc/principals/example
For webmail user – https://example.com:email@example.com
- Enter Password; The cPanel account or webmail user’s password.