How to Purchase a cPanel License?
Posted by Allura on 03 10 2018.
It is very important to have a paid license from cPanel, Inc for cPanel & WHM servers to function. For each server separate licenses need to be purchased.
The following methods can be used to purchase a license:
- If you are using recently-installed servers running cPanel & WHM version 62 and later where server displays Trial License banner, purchase a license from the WHM interface.
- If you are already a cPanel Partner having access to Manage2, navigate to the Manage2 interface to purchase a
- The license can be purchased from cPanel Store.
Steps to purchase cPanel license:
- Log in to WHM and initiate the license purchase process: You have to log in as a root user or as a reseller account with root-level privileges. Click Purchase a License on the Trial License banner in WHM’s Home An interface will appear.
- Log in to the cPanel Store: Once you have logged in, the system will request access to the account, verify the cPanel Store username and server name and click Allow Access.
- Verify and complete the purchase: The system automatically selects the appropriate license type for users’ server and detects the IPv4 address to license. Verify the license order, accept the legal agreements and complete the payment procedure. Once purchase is successful a message will appear if not you will receive emails to resolve problem from cPanel Customer Service.
For Purchasing from cPanel Store
- Log in to cPanel Store: As you log in, click Buy Now under cPanel & WHM for Linux on the Store Home A new page will appear.
- Select the desired license type and term: Click on Dedicated for licenses for physical servers or on VPSfor licenses for virtualized servers. Select desired license term, billing amount will be displayed next to each term.
- Enter the IP address to license: Enter the desired IPv4 address in the Enter the IP Address (es)text box.
- Verify the order: Check the license type and term
- EULA: Select the End User License Agreement (EULA) checkbox once you have read through the agreement and click Continue.
- Enter payment information with the desired payment type and click Place Order.
For Purchasing from Manage2
- Log in to Manage2: Navigate to Add Licenseinterface (Dashboard >> Licenses >> Add License).
- Enter required license information: In the Add license interface add information in the text boxes and menus to specify the server’s IP address, group, package and license type and term. A confirmation message will appear as you click on Add License.