How to Move all cPanel Accounts from One Server to Another
Posted by Allura on 11 01 2019.
The Purpose of Moving cPanel Accounts from One Server to Another and how to do it
One usually needs to migrate cPanel Accounts from one server to another when a server is being replaced due to any reason. If the following steps outlines are implemented one can move not only cPanel accounts, bit also SSL certificates and IP address from One server to the other.
The steps to set this process inotion and keep it going are:
- Installing cPanel on the New Server – This step must be carried out before the transfer of account is initiated. Further, the new server must be assigned a new main IP address and the same shared IP address as the old server.
- Copying all of the Accounts – This is the most crucial step in the entire process. One must manually copy each cPanel account from the old server to the new one using the Transfer Tools which are available in the Tools section of the cPanel interface. One must carefully move or copy the configurations of each account as well in the process.
- Shutting Down the Old Server – Once all of the cPanel accounts as well as all relevant data have been transferred to the new server, one can simply shut down the old server, having deleted any residual extraneous files.
- Changing the IP Address of the New Server – Once the old server has been securely shut down, one can change the main IP address of the new server to that of the old server using the command line in a local session which allows one to make changes and restart the network service, while remaining connected to the server.
- Updating the IP Address of Each Account – Once the new server’s IP address has been changed, one must check each migrated cPanel account and reset the IP address whenever required as they may have reverted to the original main IP address of the new server.
- Adding The New Server to a DNS Cluster – This is an optional step and needs to be selectively implemented based on whether the user needs the server to be a part of a DNS cluster.
- Re-installing all SSL Certificates – To do this, one simply has to select the SSL certificate, previously copied to the new server and upload the same, connecting it to the moved account.
- Confirming Possession of a Valid cPanel License – Finally, to get the cPanel account moving on the New server one must simply authenticate one’s possession of a cPanel license via the License Verification interface of the same.
Once all of these comprehensive steps have been successfully executed, the transfer of cPanel Accounts from one server to the other can be deemed complete.