How to Create a WHM Reseller Without an Associated Domain?
Posted by Allura on 31 12 2018.
One can create additional administrative user accounts in WHM not corresponding to a cPanel account. It allows one’s employees to perform the following tasks, namely, Review bandwidth reports, Reset passwords, Configure mailboxes, Suspend and unsuspend accounts, and Manage DNS entries.
Create a WHM Reseller Account Without an Associated Domain
The username represents the desired account username in these following steps.
- Firstly, one can log as the root user in to the server via SSH.
- One can run this command in order to create a new user:
- One can run this command in order to set a password for the new user:
- In order to set the permissions for the new user’s home directory, run this command:
chmod -v 711 /home/username
- The /var/cpanel/resellers file helps in defining the users possessing the reseller status and the permissions they possess. One can run this command to create an entry in the resellers file granting the user full permissions and lists the user in the WHM interface:
echo “username:all” >> /var/cpanel/resellers
- Run this command to create a user file in the /var/cpanel/users directory:
cp /var/cpanel/users/system /var/cpanel/users/username
- One can open the /var/cpanel/users/username file with a text editor to remove the following line:
- Then log in to WHM as the root user.
- One can navigate to WHM’s Edit Reseller Nameservers and Privileges interface (WHM >> Home >> Resellers >> Edit Reseller Nameservers and Privileges).
- Then, from the menu, one can select the username.
- Thereafter, click on Submit.
- Then, select the checkboxes corresponding to the desired user permissions.
- Finally, click on Save.
The whole fruitful information about how to create a WHM reseller without an associated domain is outlined in this article.c