How to Create a Support Ticket in WHM
Posted by Allura on 04 05 2018.
A brief overview
Create Support Ticket is a cPanel interface that lets you open ticket with the support team of the cPanel. This unique feature helps streamlining ticket creation process while automating SSH authorization and decreasing the time required in order to open support ticket. Moreover, it tries to recognize the support ticket specifications and accordingly redirects you to the Customer Portal of cPanel, if required.
How to access Support Ticket Wizard
Here are the steps to follow in order to access the program,
- Get logged in to WHM being the root
- Click Support option on in WHM Home
- Click the option namely Create Support Ticket.
Selecting Issue Type
From the menu option, click the issue describing your technical issues in the best possible way.
- I need help with this server.— This is for progress of the wizard next step.
- I need help with a migration from another control panel.— This option is for opening a new browser tab to Customer Portfolio of cPanel to create ticket manually.
- I need help with multiple servers.— This option is used for opening a new browser tab to Customer Portal of cPanel to create ticket manually.
- I need help with something else.— This option is used for opening a new browser tab to Customer Portal of cPanel to create ticket manually.
- Visit our feature site— This option is used for opening a new browser tab to the Feature Request feature of cPanel for creating or voting for any feature request.
If the server is hacked or compromised
This check is included to the feature namely Support Ticket Wizard ensuring the security of your Customer Portal account of cPanel..
- If you don’t think that the server is hacked or compromised, choose My server is not compromisedoption followed by clicking Continue through WHM. This will enable you to use each automated ticket creation features provided by the Create Support Ticket
- If you think that the server ishacked or compromised, choose My server is possibly compromised and followed by clicking Continue to cPanel Customer Portal. It opens the Customer Portal of cPanel to a new browser tab. It may be used to creating ticket manually.
Authenticating with Customer Portal cPanel
A dialog box to your browser will be opened with this interface prompting you for giving access for your Customer Portal of cPanel. It you wish to establish a completely secure connection between your server and our server, being logged in to the Customer Portal of cPanel is a must. If you have already logged in, Allow Access option.
Technical Support Agreement
For opening a ticket through cPanel Support, you need to be agreed to Technical Support Agreement. To continue, clicking Agree to Terms is required.
Allow cPanel Support Access
Allowing cPanel Support to access the server is required in order to troubleshoot any technical problems on your server to continue, click Next.
Complete The Ticket
In the conclusion part, the following tasks will be performed by the server.
- If you are not yet agreed, record acknowledgment from your part of the Technical Support Agreement, initiate support request for cPanel Support.
- Authorize Support access in case you have allowed it.
- Check SSH connection while you have allowed the Support access of cPanel.
- Now a new browser should be opened to Customer Portal for ticket request.
Submission of ticket
- Confirm data in Server IP address, or hostnameand Support Access ID text boxes. Now click Next.
- Confirm data in the Full name, Company Name, and Phone Numbertext boxes and followed by clicking Next.
- Insert request information in Subject, theSteps to reproduce the problem and a Detailed description of the issue boxes followed by clicking Next.
- Confirm server information in Server Name, Login IP and Port for SSH Access, Username, and Authentication Method for SSH Access boxes followed by clicking Next.
- If you want to expedite support request, click Continue or No Thanks.
The support ticket is open now. To view it, click Show Open / Closed Requests.