How to Create a DigitalOcean Account?
Posted by Allura on 02 12 2019.
This script administers the ways to create a DigitalOcean® account which can be employed in creating a Droplet™ containing the cPanel & WHM drive image.
One can go through our How To Install cPanel on DigitalOcean documentation to get knowledge about cPanel & WHM on DigitalOcean servers.
Create a DigitalOcean Account
1. Navigate to DigitalOcean
- Begin by maneuvering to the DigitalOcean site.
- Users will then be able to click on the Sign-Up option available in the top right corner. Thereafter the page will come up.
2. Enter Your Account Information
- The next step for the user would be to write his full name, email address, and desired password in the respective text boxes.
- Proceed by clicking on Continue paving the way for the email confirmation page to appear.
3. Confirm Your Email Account
- The user should confirm his email account for receiving a confirmation message.
- The user needs to click on the link that he will see in the email message paving the way for the Billing Info page to appear.
4. Enter Billing Information
- Introduce all your billing information. The DigitalOcean receives credit cards, debit cards, and PayPal® payments.
- After you are done with all the work, simply click on Save Card allowing the Project page to come up.
Enable Two-factor Authentication
For boosting up security, users can employ this two-factor authentication. Make sure that you do this process keeping your smartphone and Google Authenticator app with you for getting the confirmation and other messages.
- Click on the Security option available under the Account option paving the way for the Account page to come up with the Security tab.
- Users will have to select the Enable Two-factor Authentication. The method window of this authentication will be shown.
- After selecting the Authenticator app, the user will then click on Continue. The Connect your app window will appear thereafter flashing a QR code.
- The next step would be the scanning of the QR code with the help of the Authenticator app.
- This Authenticator app will show a 6 digit code that the user has to put in the Enter authentication code text box and complete the process by clicking on Submit. Users will then notice the Now, add a backup method window appearing on the screen.
- Next, the user has to put the Backup codes and select the Continue option.
- Finally, complete the whole procedure by clicking on Download as a .txt file option.
Henceforth, whenever the user will sign in, he will have to enter the 6-digit code for confirming his identity.
Everything about the DigitalOcean account is reviewed in this article.