How to Create a Custom cPanel Style?
Posted by Allura on 07 02 2019.
This particular tutorial enables users in the creation of a custom cPanel style which is applied to the cPanel interface thereafter. It is strongly recommended for the users to keep their custom styles up to date in order to avoid issues related to compatibility. These issues usually rise when one is upgrading the cPanel and WHM.
The following terms are used for customizing cPanel:
- Branding- This property modifies the cPanel interface for matching the user’s company’s logo or brand.
- Includes- UI includes are there for adding custom content to the header and footer of the cPanel interface. UI includes can be created and modified according to a specific cPanel interface.
- Plugin- This function modifies the features and functionalities of the cPanel interface. In many occasions, you can use it for changing the entire appearance of the interface as well.
- Style- the Style makes use of CSS, various images and other such assets for modifying the appearance of the complete cPanel interface. This is done without changing the functionality or features.
- Theme- A theme for the cPanel invariably applies an overlay on the skeletal framework for all the interfaces. The login and webmail interfaces also use the themes.
The steps for creating a Custom cPanel Style
- Create a new directory for the new cPanel style – for this, run the following command where mystyle represents the user’s style name.
- Create the styles .css file within the directory that you have already created. Add the desired CSS code to the file by using your preferred text editor.
- Add the custom icons – these can replace the default cPanel icons in order to suit your desired styles.
- Add a preview image to your custom style by saving the image as the png file within the directory of the style. It is recommended to use a 500 by 500 pixel image as the preview image.
- Move the style directory directly to the app server. While doing this, make sure you are using the home directory.
- Apply the style by using an appropriate method after having logged in to the server via SSH access.
- Substitute the initial icons with your customized icons for suiting your style of the entire interface.
- Troubleshoot custom styles – this is primarily for those users who encounter with problems after applying a custom style.