How Does the Address Importer Work?
Posted by Allura on 26 03 2019.
This is for cPanel and WHM version 68. One can navigate to (cpanel >> Home >> Email >> Address Importer) for working on this feature. This feature allows in using two types of files for creating more than one email addresses or forwarders for one’s account synchronously. Microsoft® Excel® spreadsheet files (.xls) or comma-separated values sheet (CSV) files (.csv) can be used for importing data.
Create the Import File
For this, one has to add a series of email addresses and passwords in one’s spreadsheet or plain text file. A separate row can be used in the spreadsheet or a new line in the plain text file for each account forwarder, in order to separate the information for each account or forwarder.
These information has to be imported for each address or forwarder:
- Application of usernames (for example, user1 or firstname.lastname@example.org), without the requirement of the domain portion of the address (for example, @example.com).
- Application of passwords (to import email addresses).
- Application of quotas (for example, 10 indicates 10 Megabytes).
A .csv file can be explained as a plain text file with the .csv extension. While using this, keep in mind to separate the email addresses and passwords without fail. The commas (,), periods (.), or any other character (delimiter) are to be used in order to separate the information for importing of each account.
The .csv file will look like this:
email@example.com, Password, 10
firstname.lastname@example.org, Password, 10
email@example.com, Password, 10
Import the File
- Firstly, select E-mail Accounts or Forwarders.
- Then, click on Choose File in order to select the file to import.
- One has to then select the character that was used before as the delimiter. If it does not appear in the list, then one has to select Other and then enter that character in the Other text box.
- The Treat first row needs to be selected as column headers, if it is placed in the first row of the file.
- Thereafter, click on Next.
- The menus will then be needed to be used above each column of values in order to assign the properties of each delimited value.
- Like, if a user wishes to use a comma as the delimiter, and input the line account, password, domain, then one must keep in mind to use the menus above each value to assign account to Email, password to Password, and domain to Domain.
- The option Ignore is to be selected for columns containing unnecessary data.
- Then, one has to select the domain to use for these accounts from the Domain menu at the bottom of the interface.
- Thereafter, click on Next.
- Click on Finish.
One can click on Import More for coming back to the first screen of this interface and import additional addresses.
All information about the working of the Address Importer is outlined in the review.