How do you Update or Add an Automated Email Responder Message?
Posted by Allura on 08 04 2019.
This is for cPanel and WHM version 68. One can navigate to (cPanel >> Home >> Email >> Autoresponders) for working on this feature. Autoresponder allows in configuring automatic email response messages. In a way this can be useful, especially when the recipient is not available.
It is to note that the system will deliver messages to the inbox in its usual way when one activates an autoresponder.
Interestingly, by performing a few technical steps, one can add or update an automated Email Responder Message.
Add Or Edit An Autoresponder
- Firstly, one needs to select the domain so as to add or edit an autoresponder. This can be done from the Managing
- Second step would require to work on any of the following ways:
- One has to click on Add Autoresponder in order to create a new autoresponder.
- One has to click on Edit available next to the autoresponder in order to edit an autoresponder.
- From the Character Set menu, one has to select a character set, where the Character Set value defaults to utf-8. To know more, one can read our Guide to Locales – Why You Should Use UTF-8
- Then, one can proceed by entering the interval, obviously in hours, for the autoresponder to wait between responses to that same email address. The system however, sends an autoresponse to each email, if the interval is set to 0.
- One has to enter the email address to respond from the Email text box.
- Similarly, enter the username for appearing in the response, available in the From text box.
- One can proceed by then entering the subject to appear in the response, going to the Subject text box.
- One can select the HTML checkbox, in case the message includes HTML tags.
- In the Body text box, one can enter the text of the response.
- Start time needs to be selected. Choices can be made Custom (according to one’s wish). After selecting Custom, a small calendar will pop up. One can use arrows to go between the months and click the preferred start date. After all the choices are selected, one has to click outside the calendar to save the changes. Hence, the chosen date and time will appear next to the Start option.
- Similarly, a stop time also needs to be selected. For this, one can choose Never or Custom. If one chooses Custom, then the above step of using the arrow and select preferred month and time is to be followed. Keep in mind to set a stop time much later than the start time.
- Finally, one can click on Create/Modify in order to save the autoresponder.
All technical steps on how to add or update automated Email Responder Message is outlined in this review.