How do you generate the self-signed SSL certificate and a certificate signing request (CSR)?
Posted by Allura on 21 03 2019.
One can navigate (WHM>> Home>> SSL/TLS>> Generate an SSL Certificate and Signing Request) to carry out this feature.
This feature allows you to carry out the following functions:
- Generate self-signed SSL certificate
- Generate a certificate signing request for a domain
- Using this interface, you will also get to generate private keys which are important for self-signed certificates and purchased ones.
Steps to Generate SSL Certificates and CSR:
- You have to enter that website’s domain name that is to be secured by the certificate in the ‘Domains’ text box.
- In here, you can put in multiple domain names with one name per line, or
- To set up the same certificate for any number of subdomains with the same IP address, you can enter a wildcard-formatted domain name.
- Next, you are required to enter the name of your server located city in the ‘City’ text box.
- You have to enter the name of the state where your servers are located in the ‘State’ text box.
- All you have to do next is enter the name of the country that would pass as the origin of the certificate in the ‘Country’ text box.
- You have to enter the name of your business in the ‘Company Name’ text box.
- In the next step, you have to input the name of the department within the company in the ‘Company Division’ section. This step is not mandatory.
- Lastly, you are required to provide a secure email address which can be used by your CA to verify domain ownership in the ‘Email’ textbox.
Your next step will be to create your CSR and SSL certificate. For completing this process you need to hit ‘Create’ after you have entered all the information asked for correctly. Next, you have to copy paste these items into the suitable directories. The system will also forward the information to the email id provided by you. You can view the keys and CSRs that you create by navigating (WHM>> Home>> SSL/TLS>> SSL Storage Manager)
To install the self-signed certificate, navigate to (WHM>> Home>> SSL/TLS>> Install an SSL Certificate on a Domain).
This article encloses a detailed account of how to generate the self-signed SSL certificate and a certificate signing request (CSR).