How do you Fix a License Related File Error Message?
Posted by Allura on 07 05 2019.
A general overview to license related file errors
On various circumstances, you might see a license related error message, for instance, license file expired or unable to read license file, on your cPanel and WHM server. In such instances, certain steps need to be followed for troubleshooting the problems.
How do you troubleshoot license errors?
The very first step that needs to be followed is to get your license IP address verified – in most of the cases, the system returns these errors on the occasion of a quasi invalid or expired license.
In order to check whether your license is invalid or has expired or not, follow the given steps:
- curl -w ‘\n’ -s http://myip.cpanel.net/v1.0/
Curl -w ‘\n’ -s http://myip.cpanel.net:2089/v1.0/ run any of these commands for obtaining your license IP address.
- After running any of the aforementioned commands, you need to navigate to the cPanel License Verification
- Enter the IP address that you had obtained in the first step and the website will automatically display the status of your license.
- It is vital for a user to do a detailed check of the connectivity issues – in case your IP address is already licensed and you are still going through problems, make sure you run this script in order to verify your license as the root user (/ usr / local / cPanel / cpkeyclt /). If you are lucky and the license functions properly, the script will not return any message. In case the script needs more than few seconds to run, there is a possibility that your server has come across with connectivity issues.
- Check resolving and hostname for checking whether or not you can resolve the servers, by running the following command – host.auth.cpanel.net. Also, make sure that your hostname is valid.
- Check the time and date settings of the server so that they are not set too far in the past or in the future. For doing this, run the date command. On the off chance that the system displays an incorrect date or time, reset everything.
Note that the License Verification page lists the cPanel and WHM licenses and other products separately. The list sorts every license in a chronological order from newest to oldest.