How do you Configure the Backup Wizard in cPanel?
Posted by Allura on 29 10 2019.
To work on this feature, user has to navigate to (cPanel >> Home >> Files >> Backup Wizard). If a user wants to retreat and revive his website, whether full or the desired part of it, he can use this interface.
While we recommend to use this interface, some matured users may go for the Backup interface (cPanel >> Home >> Files >> Backup) instead of this.
Before going for full or partial backup, remember these points:
- By using the full backup option, you will fail in reviving the files through cPanel. In such a situation, please refer to your system controller for advice.
- Before restoration, kindly download and compress the particular backup file.
- Once done decompressing it, the user can upload some portions of the website.
- There can be a chance of failure during the backup procedure as the system is unable to draft certain important files like database lock file.
Create A Full Backup
- Start by clicking on the Back-Up option from the Backup Wizard interface. It will therefore appear.
- Users can click on the Full Backup option if he desires so, and the Download zone will come up.
- Select the appropriate destination from the Backup Destination menu:
- Home Directory: for saving the backup file on the server section.
- Remote FTP Server: for using FTP in cumulating the file (backup) on a remote server.
- Remote FTP Server (passive mode transfer): for using passive FTP in cumulating the file (backup) on a remote server.
- Secure Copy (SCP): for using SCP in cumulating the file (backup) on a remote server.
Note that only experienced users should use the FTP, Passive FTP and SCP options.
- If you want to get the backup completion notification, type your email address in the Email Address text box, and if you want to ignore it, click on Do not send email notification of backup completion
- In case the user has chosen the FTP, passive FTP or SCP destinations, he has to enter the remote destination’s data in their respective text boxes.
- Click on Generate Backup which will be followed by a confirmation message. To go back to the Download section, the user can click on the Go Back option.
Create A Partial Backup
- Click on the Back-Up option by visiting the Backup Wizard interface.
- Select the portions to backup:
- Home Directory: Backing up home directory.
- MySQL Databases: Backing up databases.
- Email Forwarders & Filters: Backing up email forwarders and filters.
Thereafter the Download portion will appear.
- Select and click on the portions to back up to start downloading them.
- Start by clicking on the Restore option.
- Confirm the portion you want to restore:
- Home Directory
- MySQL Databases
- Email Forwarders& Filters
Therefore the Restore portion will appear.
- Go to Choose File, click it and confirm the backup file you want.
- Finally, click on the Upload option to start the restoring procedure.
Backup File Contents
The backup file will have will comprise these files while backing up the Home Directory:
- All files that the user reserve.
- Files that the user do not reserve, but can acquire access to it.
To get more information, read our How to Exclude Files From Backups documentation.
All information on Backup Wizard is outlined in this review.