How do you Achieve Encryption in cPanel?
Posted by Allura on 30 10 2019.
To work on this feature, user has to navigate to (cPanel >> Home >> Email >> Encryption). In order to generate, cumulate, and administer the GnuPG keys user can use this feature. The public key approach is utilized by the GnuPG keys for encryption.
The programming items which utilize GnuPG keys encrypt the departing messages with the help of a public key. In the case of decrypting the message, the power is shouldered only on the proposed recipient controlling the private key.
Create A New Key
- In Create a New Key text box, the user has to put in all the information that is required.
Always put in a secured password containing uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols. Also, put in a proper expiry or elapsing date for the key. However, the system has a defaulting one year (1y) expiry term.
- Next, from the Key Size menu, the user has to pick up a key size in bits format. There is a default key size mentioned, which is 2048.
- Lastly, the user can click on Generate Key to complete the procedure.
Just after creating the key, the user can add several other information as and when required.
Import A Key
- Firstly, the user has to go to the available text box and copy-paste the key.
- Then the user can click on the Import option.
Thus, the user can see the key joined to his server after the completion of the procedure.
Delete Or View Keys
Delete A Key
- Go to the Public Key or Private Key table to find out the key you desire to remove or delete.
- Next, on clicking the Delete GnuPG Key option, the user will notice that a new interface has come up.
- To complete the process, finally click on the Yes option. A message will come whether the process has succeeded or not.
To delete the desiring public key, you need to first delete the corresponding private key, else your process will not be successful.
View A Key
- To start with, the user has to go to the Certificates on the Server table and find out the certificate he desires to edit.
- By clicking on View option, the user will notice a new interface will appear featuring the GnuPG key block.
- After you are done with viewing the key, you can go back to the Encryption interface by clicking on the Go Back option.
All information regarding cPanel encryption is discussed in this review.