How can you Track Malicious Software in cPanel Account’s Services?
Posted by Allura on 02 04 2019.
This is for cPanel and WHM version 68. One can navigate to (cPanel >> Home >> Advanved >> Virus Scanner) for working on this feature. The ClamAV® Virus Scanner helps in scanning one’s cPanel account’s services for detecting malicious software. If a potential security threat is identified, the system immediately instructs to perform the needed action.
As a fact, this interface will appear only if the ClamAV Scanner software is installed in WHM’s Manage Plugins interface (WHM >> Home >> cPanel >> Manage Plugins).
Scan a Service
There are two steps by which one can scan a service. They are:
- Firstly, one needs to select the service that needs to be scanned.
- Scan Mail — This particular step helps in scanning all of the account’s mail folders which a user has.
- Scan Entire Home Directory — This particular step helps in scanning the account’s home directory of the user.
- Scan Public FTP Space — This particular step helps in scanning all of the folders that can be accessed publicly through FTP services.
- Scan Public Web Space — This particular step helps in scanning all of the folders that can be accessed publicly through the web.
- Then, one needs to click on Scan Now. A new interface will appear during this scanning procedure. It will contains these information:
- File: This will contain the number of files processed while scanning, out of the total number of files existing in the specified directory.
- Data: This will contain the amount of data processed out from the total data existing in the specified directory.
- Scanner Progress: This will display the progress of the scanning procedure.
- Infected Files: This will contain the files detected of containing malicious software after scanning.
Scanning is time consuming. It may require some time to complete, may be some minutes. After the scanning procedure is complete, the system takes a user back to the Virus Scanner interface.
Ways of tracking malicious software in cPanel account’s services is outlined in this review.