How can you Track Malicious Software in cPanel Accounts Services?
Posted by Allura on 29 11 2019.
This is for cPanel and WHM version 68. One will navigate to (cPanel >> Home >> Advanced >> Virus Scanner) for using this feature. The ClamAV® Virus Scanner helps in scanning one’s cPanel account’s services for sleuthing malicious software. If a potential security threat is identified, the system immediately instructs to perform the required action.
As a fact, this interface will appear only if the ClamAV Scanner software is installed in WHM’s Manage Plugins interface (WHM >> Home >> cPanel >> Manage Plugins).
Scan a Service
There are two steps:
- Firstly, a user needs to select the service that needs to be scanned.
- Scan Mail — This particular step helps in scanning all of the account’s mail folders which a user has.
- Scan Entire Home Directory — It ensures the scanning of the account’s home directory of the user.
- Scan Public FTP Space — This specific step helps in scanning all of the folders that may be accessed in public through FTP services.
- Scan Public Web Space — This particular step helps in scanning all of the folders that can be accessed publicly through the web.
- Then, one can click on Scan Now. A new interface can come up while this scanning procedure works. It will contain this information:
- File: This may contain the number of files processed whereas scanning, out of the entire range of files existing within the projected directory.
- Data: This may contain the number of reports processed out from all the data existing in the projected directory.
- Scanner Progress: This may show the progress of the scanning procedure.
- Infected Files: This may contain the files detected containing malicious software once scanning.
Scanning is time-consuming. It may take much time to finish, maybe some minutes. After the scanning procedure is completed, the system takes a user back to the Virus Scanner interface.
Ways of following malicious software in cPanel account’s services are reviewed in this article.