How can you Manage WHM Account’s Security Questions?
Posted by Allura on 19 03 2018.
A Brief Overview
This interface allows the user to update and manage the Web Host Manager (WHM) account’s security questions. The user can also add verified IP addresses from which he can log in to the WHM account without security questions.
In order for WHM users to answer security questions when they log in, the Limit logins to verified IP addresses settings must be enabled by the user in WHM’s Configure Security Policies interface (Home >> Security Center >> Configure Security Policies).
- WHM automatically adds the IP address to the list of verified IP addresses, if an user attempts to log in from an unverified IP address and is successful in answering the security questions.
- If the security questions are to be configured then the user must immediately enable the Limit logins to verified IP addressessetting in WHM’s Configure Security Policies interface (Home >> Security Center >> Configure Security Policies), WHM automatically adds your IP address to the list of verified IP addresses.
Edit Questions and Answers
To edit the security questions that the user must answer when he logs in to WHM from an unverified IP address, the following steps are to be performed:-
- Click Edit Questions and Answers.
- For each security question that you wish to modify, the following actions are to be performed:-
- Select or enter the desired question.
- Enter an answer to the question in the appropriate text box.
- Click Continue. A confirmation message appears.
Add or Remove Recognized IP Addresses
Click Add or Remove Recognized IP Addresses to add, manage, or remove verified IP addresses. When you attempt to log in from a verified IP address, the system does not require you to answer security questions.
- To add a verified IP address, enter the IP address that you want to add in the IP text boxes, and click Add.
- You may use an asterisk (*) in the last octet to indicate a wildcard, which allows the skipping of the security questions at login by any IP address in the specified IP address block.
- Clicking “Remove”next to the IP address will remove the specific verified IP Address that you want to remove.
Security Questions are a key aspect of CPANEL as it allows managing and updating the Web Host Manager’s Security Questions and it also helps to edit questions and answers and add or remove recognized Internet Protocol Addresses.