cPanel is a widely-used web hosting control panel. Based on the Linux operating system, it boasts of powerful features that yield a lot of benefits to its end users like web hosting clients and system administrators.
More than 20 years since its release in 1996, cPanel remains very popular. This can be credited to its inherent advantages such as being user-friendly and features-rich. Indeed, a person doesn’t need to be tech-savvy in order to manage websites or servers using cPanel.
These characteristics of cPanel bring five distinct benefits to end users such as:
1. Ease of installation and use. cPanel is very easy to install. It only needs the Linux system requirement of a minimum of 20 GB available disk space, and at least 512 MB of RAM. Many of today’s computers will be able to meet such requirements.
Once installed, cPanel won’t also pose problems to its users as far as handling or use is concerned thanks to its very intuitive graphical interface.
Moreover, users can manage complex tasks with just a few clicks. These tasks can range from site maintenance, calculating disk space, searching for web directories, to making regular backups.
Because cPanel is very easy to use, hosting providers, small and medium firms will be able to save on labor expenses as they don’t need to hire expert system administrators. They can also minimize system administrator workload.
Upstart website owners, on the other hand, can focus their energy to running their enterprises instead of minding their daily website operations.
2. Access to numerous features. As mentioned earlier, cPanel is rich in features. These features and functions allow users to manage their websites and hosting accounts with relative ease.
For instance, cPanel has a topnotch email management function. Users will get to quickly and easily set up their email accounts. They can also get features such as anti-virus and anti-fraud protection.
3. Compatibility. Another advantage of using cPanel is that it is compatible with different browsers. From Chrome to Safari to Internet Explorer, users will be able to run cPanel without any problem.
Moreover, cPanel can support third party software add-ons that can help users in building dynamic and robust websites. These add-ons or app can range from blogs, bulletin boards, and guest books.
The use of these apps will benefit website owners and firms as they can improve the functionalities of their respective sites.
4. Portability. cPanel is very portable with a straightforward movability feature. This means that the user will be able to transfer website from a hosting company to another without encountering any technical problem.
5. Reliability. Finally, cPanel can detect a failed service, and once it does, it automatically logs out and restarts the service. Its new version also includes DNS Clustering system that provides for a more robust and hassle-free performance.
These five advantages of cPanel also explain why this Linux-based control panel has remained very popular and relevant more than 20 years since its launch. Other web hosting server control panels have come and gone, but cPanel remains very much the standard by which control panels are measured.