Downloading and Uploading Locale XML
Posted by Allura on 21 06 2018.
A Brief Introduction to the Interface
You can download an existing locale XML through the download interface. In order to edit the cPanel interface’s locale, the XML file must be downloaded. You can also upload a locale to your server in XML format. After it has been uploaded, it can be selected from within the cPanel interface.
Downloading a Locale
The Locale Download interface can be accessed at Home > Locales > Locale XML Download
Perform the following steps to download a locale:
- Open the Choose Locale menu. Here you can select the locale that you intend to download.
- Click on Download. The locale will be downloaded in XLIFF 1.2 (XML Localization Interchange File Format) format.
- Select Download in original “dumper” format if you want to download the locale in a legacy XML format.
At the bottom of the interface you will find the option to rebuild your system’s list of locales. Select rebuild the locale databases to do the same.
Uploading a Locale
The system will create all the required files if the locale isn’t already present on your server. If it finds a locale on your server, it does the following:
- Core files: Keys from the XML data that do not already exist are added by the system. None of the keys are overwritten.
- Local edit files: The system, using the XML data, overwrites the keys on your server. It also adds keys that do not exist.
You can upload an existing locale to your server through the following steps:
- Select Choose File.
- Choose the XML file that you want to upload.
- To complete the process, click on Upload. You file will now be uploaded.
Legacy Language File Upload
This interface enables you to upload your own language file. You can also upload a third-party language file. Here are the steps:
- Click on this interface.
- Select the Choose File button. Locate the file that you want to upload.
- From the Theme menu select the theme that you want to upload.
- Click Upload to finalise the process.