cPanel Webmail App
Posted by Jamison on 04 04 2016.
cPanel comes with plenty different features, one of the key reasons many people from all over the world prefer this Linux-based control panel. Webmail, one of its most commonly utilized features, offers an alternative way to receiving and viewing mail. Instead of getting your emails from the servers directly to a particular desktop app, this cPanel function allows you to receive your emails from your chosen browser.
There are three different types of applications you can use for your cPanel Webmail, and Horde is one of them.
In this article, we will take a closer look at Horde, its uses and functions, and why you would definitely want to start using it.
Horde: An Overview
An open-sourced community responsible for creating numerous apps and software systems, Core Team-managed Horde Project develops PHP-incorporated programs any business will benefit from. Whether you run your own small businesses or you are part of a giant corporation, this tool should make it to your list of cPanel must-haves.
With the community focusing on the creation of enterprise tools, cPanel users can enjoy not only its Webmail application, but a plethora of other useful programs for various purposes. From calendar management to basic filtering and notes creation to message flagging, you can make your cPanel experience better with the use of this powerful tool.
Top Reasons to Go Horde
With the kind of flexibility Horde boasts of, it is easy to understand why it is one of the most commonly sought after Webmail application today. Here are some of the many reasons why you should consider this as an integral part of your business productivity arsenal:
- From an open-source community. Because Horde comes straight from an open-source community, you do not have to worry about fees such as those for per-user licenses. You also do not have to think about mandatory support contracts. You can also tweak the tool depending on your needs and preferences.
- Packed with numerous features. There is no doubt that Horde delivers one of the most feature-packed services in today’s time and age. In fact, the number and kind of features it comes equipped with can rival even the biggest enterprise email platforms. Primary apps include mail, address book, and calendar, while secondary apps include wiki, ticketing, and time tracking among many others.
- Pay only for what you need. Users love just how flexible Horde’s services are. You can consume or update the data you enter in Horde through different front-end protocols, such as HTTP/HTML, SyncML, DAV, iCalendar, and ActiveSync among many others. Best of all, you only have to pay for whatever you consume, seeing as there are no contracts you need to get into.
- Adapts to your unique needs. Another great reason Horde is one of the most popular cPanel Webmail applications today’s is its adaptability. The tool officially supports and integrates with multiple types of backends, including SQL, SMTP, LDAP, Sieve, and IMAP. You can even use your very own userbase with it, which means you do not have to hassle yourself in trying to memorize multiple login credentials.
- Tried and tested. Horde’s source code has come from more than 10 years of development, innovation, and enhancement. It is backed up by the combined experience of a team of professionals specializing in security reports testing, bug resolution development, and engineering.