How is cPanel Leading the Industry?
Posted by Jamison on 11 03 2016.
cPanel keeps on innovating and dropping releases like they are the new thing right now. The debut of cPanel and WHM version 11.52 is a proof that you have partnered with the leading hosting platform. This version, which is now available in the stable tier, promises to deliver features and improvements that every client can enjoy. It has a whole array of features that are designed to make your website hosting experience efficient and hassle-free without having to worry about the installation time, or the domains you have to manage. cPanel brings you an improved version that you should take advantage of.
You need to know what cPanel and WHM version 11.52 has in store for you so you can leverage on the new features.
What to watch out for?
- Optimized installation process. While we all advocate the old adage that says Time is Gold, installing and updating apps can be pretty much a derailer. Thanks to version 11.52, you do not have to wait for eons of hours anymore as cPanel brings you the optimized installation process. It is deemed to lessen the installation time by significantly half the time you originally spend for this task. Say goodbye to long hours of waiting for a complete installation. With the upgrade, you can also save a lot of time as the memory of your operating system will be checked even at the start of the installation process to ensure that your system has the minimum requirement for the upgrade. It also no w utilizes a precompiled default EasyApache 3 configuration which is shipped as a tarball. This method also uses pre-built locale databases, thus, the script does not have to run while you are installing.
- EasyApache 4. Believed to be a major improvement of how cPanel and WHM ships and maintains the Apache and PHP distribution, now you can enjoy the binary RPMs and a standard package management tools so you have more options to choose from.
- Multi-PHP management and editing. Through this new feature, hosting providers can directly manage the system’s default PHP version and the PHP version of any virtual host in the system. To simply put it, you can now install multiple versions of PHP on your servers. Experience a whole new and improved level of modification and configuration.
- Improved calendar functionality.52 version brings you a much better cPanel and WHM’s calendar functionality. This version uses a shared address book that has same-domain email addresses and a cross-domain invite feature. This function surely comes in handy when it comes to synchronizing schedules.
Simply follow these steps so you can upgrade your cPanel and WHM software:
- If you wish to send cPanel the log files from your update attempt, click the appropriate checkbox.
- If you wish to disable this option, disable the Send information about server usage to cPanel for analysisoption in WHM’s Tweak Settingsinterface (Home >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings).
- If you wish to force a reinstall of the software, select the appropriate checkbox.
- Click Click to Upgrade.