cPanel Launches EasyApache 4
Posted by Jamison on 12 03 2016.
The web hosting industry remains one of the most competitive industry today. With a significant number of web host platform providers who offer their own services, it can be quite challenging to choose which one will give the best service. One thing is certain—you always have to check which provider continues to upgrade its features so you can get the most updated and newest applications that will best boost your business performance.
cPanel continues to surprise the industry-releasing one new feature here and there, making sure that its clients get the most out of their investments. With its newest innovation, cPanel is set to enhance the client’s web hosting experience. The launch of EasyApache 4 (EA4) brings various improvements in installation, update, and other features that are important for the client. EA4 is a major revamp of how cPanel and WHM ships and maintains the Apache and PHP distribution. Simply explained, EasyApache is the software that installs, updates, and validates the client’s web server and PHP.
First, you have to know how you can upgrade to EasyApache 4 by following these steps:
- Run this command: /scripts/migrate_ea3_to_ea4 –run
- The interface will display all of the changes that will occur. To continue, follow the system’s instructions.
These are the commands that you can choose from:
- -run Run the script.
- –help Display help information to assist in the script protocol and usage.
- –revert Revert to the previous version and configuration.
- –skip_convert Do not convert and install the EA3 profile. This flag installs the EA4 cPanel Default Profile unless you use the –install_profile flag.
-5. -install_profile profile_path Do not convert the existing EA3 profile. Instead, install the profile_path profile.
- –convert_fail When you convert an EA3 profile to an EA4 profile, this flag prevents execution of the tool’s error-correction code.
What does EasyApache 4 bring to the table?
EA4 will enhance your web hosting experience like not other.
- MultI-PHP support. You need to take advantage of this very important enhancement. With the EasyApache 4 upgrade, you can now install multiple versions of PHP on your servers, this allowing you to experience enhanced modification and improved level of configuration. Basically, the multiPHP manager feature will allow you to set various PHP versions for your domains, accounts, and servers. This makes everything easier as you can now quickly configure the PHP environment.
- Software collections. EasyApache 4 utilizes the Software Collections Library (SCL) for PHP, which allows the installation of multiple concurrent version of PHP on the file system.
- Path reorganization. The upgrade also allows path reorganization which allows the system to function more efficiently. This will also allow various directories to save data and symlink between the files. This enhancement can ensure that security is more guarded since the additional paths will also improve data storage in terms of site backup and recovery.
- Binary packages. cPanel now builds RPM packages with binaries that easily install using yum instead of taking the long route of compiling binaries from the source. Easy installation will reduce a great amount of time and effort on updating and installation of packages.