cPanel Brings You EasyApache 4
Posted by Jamison on 23 02 2016.
The digital landscape has been one of the fastest evolving and most dynamic industries today, as more updates and upgrades are being applied by various service providers. cPanel ensures that its clients experience the most updated and enhanced features that will make their website management experience truly one of a kind. cPanel continues to provide innovation with its new features, new items on its release notes, and every client can take advantage of it.
One of the newest features introduced by cPanel is EasyApache 4, the web host platform’s latest version of EasyApache 4. In a nutshell, EA4 is a major reformat of how cPanel and WHM ships and maintains the Apache and PHP distribution. Basically, the EasyApache is the software that installs, updates, and validates the client’s web server and PHP.
What’s in store for the clients?
EA4 brings significant enhancements to your experience.
- Software collections. EA4 uses the Software Collections Library (SCL) for PHP.SCL allows the installation of multiple concurrent version of PHP on the file system.
- Binary packages. cPanel now builds RPM packages with binaries that easily install using yum instead of taking the long route of compiling binaries from the source. This improved process will make the automatic updates of packages faster. With this enhancement, there will be more automation which will reduce a significant amount of time and effort for the website administrator to continuously update and install packages.
- MultI-PHP support. One of the best improvements of upgrading to EasyApache 4 is that web hosting providers are now enabled to install multiple versions of PHP on their servers. This tool will empower you to experience an improved level of configuration and modification. The multiPHP manager allows the user to set various PHP versions for servers, domains, and accounts. It also satisfies a wider range of customer needs and makes the PHP environment configuration easier.
- Path reorganization. The additional paths allow for EA4 to function quicker and more efficiently. These also enable various directories to save data and symlink between the files. With path reorganization, cPanel can ensure that security is better as the additional paths will also improve data storage in terms of site backup and recovery.
You can follow these steps in installing EA4:
- Run this command: /scripts/migrate_ea3_to_ea4 –run
- The interface will display all of the changes that will occur. To continue, follow the system’s instructions.
These are the commands that you can choose from:
- -run Run the script.
- –help Display help information to assist in the script protocol and usage.
- –revert Revert to the previous version and configuration.
- –skip_convert Do not convert and install the EA3 profile. This flag installs the EA4 cPanel Default Profile unless you use the –install_profile flag.
-5. -install_profile profile_path Do not convert the existing EA3 profile. Instead, install the profile_path profile.
- –convert_fail When you convert an EA3 profile to an EA4 profile, this flag prevents execution of the tool’s error-correction code.