Copy a Locale
Posted by Allura on 18 09 2018.
Copy a locale interface is for cPanel and WHM version 64. One needs to navigate to (Home >> Locales >> Copy a Locale) interface to copy a locale. This interface helps one to duplicate a locale into a standard or a non-standard locale.
- A standard locale is a language with data in the Unicode Common Locale Data Repository (CLDR).
- A non-standard locale whereas is a language without any data in the CLDR.
Copy A Locale Into A Standard Locale
- One needs to select the original locale from the Duplicate Locale
- Then one needs to select Standard locale.
- After that, select a locale from Standard locale
- Click on Duplicate. The system thereafter will redirect one to a new interface.
- Click on Click here to download in order to download the duplicate in XML format or click Upload it here to edit the copy’s XML.
Copy A Locale Into A Non-standard Locale
- For this, one needs to select an original locale from Duplicate locale
- Then select Non-standard locale
- Enter a name for the copy, already fixed with the i_tag, in the proper boxes.
- From the Fallback Locale, Number Formatting and Character Orientation menus, select options.
- Click on Duplicate and then one will be redirected to a new interface.
- Lastly, click on Click here to download to duplicate in XML format, or will have to click on Upload it here to simply edit the copy’s XML.
It is to be noted that if a desired locale is absent, then one needs to click rebuild the locale databases to update the locale’s list.
Technical steps in copying a locale into standard and non-standard locale helps in duplicating a locale for certain purposes.