Configuring Name Servers in cPanel
Posted by Allura on 18 04 2019.
cPanel hosting has been on the bane for quite some time now, making webhosting accounts and overseeing servers an exceptionally simple task. Thanks to the straightforward UI and simple to-use features, cPanel has been a lot of fun to use for someone who is either looking to get started or someone who is looking to expand their web account management.
In this article, we will take a detailed look at how one can configure the Name Servers in cPanel.
What is a Name Server?
Name Servers, as already mentioned blend your IP addresses (in the event that you have more than one) with the domain names, so it becomes simpler for an average viewer to find your server, just by utilizing the Name Server. The client simple inputs the name of the Name Server and they will have redirected to your domain name and IP address.
How to Setup a Name Server?
- Navigate to the Name Server section on WHM and select the Name Server software type that you would like to utilize. (Bind is the recommended one by most of the users).
- After choosing the software type, go to the Webhost Manager Setup alternative to include the Name Server type that you have chosen and save the changes for the Name Server to get validated.
- Navigate to WHM ‘Include IP Address’ page and after that input the IP address that you wish to tie with the name server. You can also incorporate and exclude a range of different IP addresses in the given boxes respectively. When you are done with this step, click on Submit and you can begin setting up A or AAAA entries.
- One needs to make A or AAAA entries for the name servers in order to tie up the IP addresses with the domain names. You can do this by:
- Start off by navigating to the Address Records tab in the Webhost Manager setup option.
- After you input your value for the IPv4 option, if you should choose the IPv4 convention type and then enter IPv4 address.
- If you wish to complete an IPv6 convention, you need to input the consequent address of the standard IPv6 to make an AAAA record.
- After making the A or AAAA passages, you have to make an “A” sections for your hostname. Go to the WHM’s page and enter the IP address of your server and click on ‘Include Entry’, after you are done adding your IP address to your hostname.
- Once you complete every one of the means, you have to enlist your name server with the Registrar. A portion of the enlistment centers include: DirectNIC, DynaDot, Enom, GoDaddy.