Configuring ClamAV Scanner
Posted by Allura on 27 08 2018.
You can use Clam AntiVirus Scanner to find corrupt programs in your server. If a security threat is detected by the scanner, the file will be highlighted for you to take the necessary actions.
- Set up a root cron job to execute regularly at times when the server is idle.
- While maildir format saves individual messages, mbox clubs them into files. System administrators need to be well acquainted with the doveadm command so that they can properly manage and inspect files flagged by ClamAV on mailboxes with mbox format. They can convert the mailboxes of the server to maildir format if they cannot use the doveadm command yet intend to run ClamAV.
You can use the Manage Plugins interface in WHM to install and uninstall ClamAV. Find it under WHM > Home > cPanel > Manage Plugins.
Follow the steps given below if you want to configure ClamAV:
- Choose the services that you intend to scan.
- Scan Public FTP Space– All the folders accessible to FTP users will be scanned.
- Scan Mail – All the mail folders in your server will be scanned.
- Scan Public Web Space– Folders accessible to web visitors will be scanned.
- Scan Entire Home Directory – this option scans the home directory of your server.
- Click on Save to confirm.
Configuring ClamAV for Specific Users
Use the User Configuration option to nullify the ClamAV settings for selected users and to change defaults for every user that have been configured.
Adding or Removing Configured Users
A user should feature under the Configured Users menu if you want to configure their ClamAV settings.
Run these steps to add a user:
- Choose the particular user from the User List menu.
- Select Add.
- Click on Add All to add all active users to the list.
Run these steps if you want to remove a user:
- Choose the particular user from the User List
- Click on Remove All to remove all active users from the list.
Configuring Defaults for New Configured Users
Do the following to configure default settings for new users:
- Choose the services that you want to scan.
- To confirm click on Save.
Configuring Settings for Individual Users
Do the steps given below to set up ClamAV for individual users:
- Choose the user for whom you want to configure ClamAV in the Configured Users menu under Group Scanner Configuration.
- Chose the services that you intend to scan.
- Select the Save Defaults option.
The above steps help you to install ClamAV in your system and to configure settings for your users.