Configuration of cPanel Cron Jobs
Posted by Allura on 09 07 2018.
Overview of Cron Jobs
Cron jobs are often scheduled to run at pre-defined time or intervals on the servers. This type of interface allows the user to configure the upcp , backup and cpbackup scripts cron jobs on the server.
Process of Configuration of a Cron Job
In order to make configuration of a cron job, the following steps must be performed-
- The User must enter the desired intervals for the cron job that you wish to configure. For more information, read the Cron job intervals section below.
- Click Commit.
The Different Cron Job Intervals
- Minute— An user must enter the minute of each hour at which to run the cron job. If we take an example , enter 15 to run the cron job at 15 minutes past the hour.
- Hour— An user must enter the hour of each day (in 24-hour format) at which to run the cron job. If we take an example, enter 2100 to run the cron job at 9:00 PM local time.
- Day— An user must enter the day of the month on which to run the cron job. If we take an example, enter 15 to run the cron job on the 15th of the month.
- Month— An user must enter the month of the year in which to run the cron job., If we take an example enter 7 to run the cron job in July.
- Weekday— Enter the day(s) of the week on which to run the cron job.If we tke an example,, a value of 0 indicates Sunday, or a value of 6 indicates Saturday.
The upcp script updates cPanel & WHM. It runs at a random time between 9:00 PM and 6:00 AM local time.
Command : backup
The backup script runs in the manner the backups that you configure in WHM’s Backup Configuration interface (Home >> Backups >> Backup Configuration). By default, this script runs at 2:00 AM local time, because this is an off-peak time for most servers. If you have disabled backups in the Backup Configuration interface, the script immediately exits after it runs.
The cpbackup script runs legacy backups on your server. By default, this script runs at 1:00 AM local time, because this is an off-peak time for most servers. If you have disabled legacy backups, the script immediately exits after it runs.
This Article clearly provides for the configuration that is required for the cpanel Cron Jobs.