Archiving Emails: 3 Webmail Interfaces for cPanel and How to Set them Up
Posted by Alex on 24 03 2017.
With cPanel, you can archive your emails through three different webmail interfaces, namely: Horde, Roundcube, and SquirrelMail.
Before you set them up though, you may have to first perform some steps in the webmail app so you can see folders containing archived mails or those that Apache SpamAssassin has filtered.
Setting Up Horde
A free, enterprise-capable, browser-ready webmail interface, Horde Groupware Webmail Edition (or simple Horde) allows users to manage a lot of tasks and not just emails. In addition to organizing, reading, and sending emails, you can also share and configure your calendars, notes, contacts, files, bookmarks, and notes, with this app.
In cPanel, Horde automatically loads archived folders as well as those associated with Apache SpamAssassin.
Follow these steps when refreshing your Horde interface’s mail folder list:
- Locate the “Mail” button on the top of your Horde interface and click on it.
- On the left menu, select the “Folder Actions” option.
- Click on the “Show All Mailboxes” button.
- Select the button labeled “Rebuild Folder List.”
- This will refresh the items on left menu, and all new folders the program detects will come up.
Setting Up Roundcube
Roundcube, another free, open source webmail project, features a user interface similar to that of a desktop. You can easily install and configure this webmail with your cPanel account.
When you want to subscribe to Roundcube interface’s folders, just follow these steps:
- Navigate to your Roundcube interface’s top right corner and click on the “Settings” option.
- Choose the “Folders” option found just to the left of the interface.
- Once the list of available folders come up, mark the checkboxes of the folders you want to view via the Roundcube interface. For those you do not want to have any more access to, just unmark their corresponding checkboxes. You have to do this to all of the folders you want to view and access through Roundcube.
- Locate the “Mail” option found at the top right corner, and then click on it to go back to your Inbox.
- This will refresh the left menu, and all of the folders you placed check marks on will appear.
Setting Up SquirrelMail
Set up the SquirrelMail interface by following these steps:
- Click on the “Folders” option found at the top of the SquirrelMail interface. This will lead you to the Folders interface.
- Look for the Unsubscribe/Subscribe section and find the list of all available folders there.
- Select the folders that you want to subscribe to and then click on the “Subscribe” button. Do this for all folders you want to view via the webmail interface.
- To confirm you have set up the folders you wish to see through SquirrelMail, select the “Check Mail” option at the top left corner of the interface. The folders list will refresh and display all the available folders.