A Great Guide to cPanel Branding
Posted by Jamison on 16 02 2016.
cPanel offers a wide variety of features and options for website administrators. From setting up the mail, to easy, one-click applications, to multi-PHP editing, every website owner can have a hassle-free and time-efficient experience with cPanel, which is known to be the hosting platform of choice. Apart from this, cPanel also emphasizes the importance of branding by giving you options to edit your cPanel interface.
You can add your own logo, add a custom folder, add a header and footer image, or explore other ways on how you can strengthen your branding.
Creating your custom cPanel branding style is easy. You just have to follow these steps:
- Login to WHM.
- In the top left search box type branding, then click Branding under cPanel.
- There are two options. One for cpanel, and one for webmail. Click the Live Editor link next to the one you want to edit.
- Click the Create or Upload Branding button.
- In the Create a new branding style section, enter a name for your new template, and click the Create button. In my tests I named the new branding style: custom-cpanel. You will then see a message stating “The branding style custom-cpanel was successfully created.”
- Click the Go Back to Branding Editor button.
- Now scroll down and find the branding style you created, and click Edit this Style.
You can choose from the following options:
- Edit Logos. Select this option to change your logos, you can upload a custom ones, and edit the css for the logos.
- Edit Icons. This option lets you modify the icon buttons that display in the cpanel. You can choose a new file to replace the existing icons.
- Edit Header/Footer. You can modify the images and buttons in the header and footer on this page.
- Edit User Interface. This allows you to modify buttons and the way they respond. There are examples of the existing buttons to help identify what you are modifying.
- Edit Preview Images. You can modify the way your custom branded style looks inthe Branding Editor list.
- Edit HTML Pages. This lets you directly edit a style’s HTML.
- Edit Style Sheet. You can edit the css for the style sheet here.
- Create or Upload Branding. This button allows you to either duplicate the root style so that you may edit it, or to upload a new style that you have created.
- Download or Delete Branding. This button allows you to download a style to your local computer so that you may edit it, or to delete a style.
With the heavy competition in the industry, it is important that companies stay true to their branding and allow their target market to embrace it. This will in turn encourage brand loyalty. This should set you apart from the rest. Thus, branding your cPanel theme is an important task you need to do so you can create and establish your branding.