A Brief Overview of PHP PEAR Packages
Posted by Allura on 24 07 2019.
This feature is for cPanel & WHM version 68. One can navigate to (cPanel >> Home >> Software >> PHP PEAR Packages) for working on this feature.
PHP PEAR packages can be described as the software components written in the PHP language. It allows a user to search for and add PEAR packages to one’s website, or look into all of the website’s available PHP packages.
PEAR Package Installer
In case a user is aware of the exact name of the PEAR package that is to be installed, he can simply enter the name in the Install a Module text box and click on Install Now.
Steps to Install:
- Firstly, a user has to use either of the following methods in finding the desired PEAR package:
- Either he can enter a search term in the available text box and click on Go, or, he can click on Show Available Modules to enlist all the available PEAR packages.
- The interface will then display these information for all of the displayed PEAR packages, that is, the Module Name (The PEAR package’s name), Version ( The PEAR package’s version number), Description ( A description of the PEAR package) and Actions (The actions that a user may perform for that PEAR package).
- Finally, click on Install next to the PEAR package that needs to be download and install. For viewing a PEAR package’s documentation, one can click on Show Docs for that PEAR package.
It is to note that a user can enter a new keyword in the Search text box and click on Go, in case he fails to find the desired PEAR package.
Installed PEAR Packages
The Installed Module has all of the PEAR packages that are existing on one’s server. Each package has these information as mentioned below:
- Module Name: Containing the PEAR package’s name.
- Version: Containing the PEAR package’s version number.
- Actions: User can perform the following actions for each PEAR package:
- Update: Can update the PEAR package.
- Reinstall: Can reinstall the PEAR package.
- Uninstall: Can remove the PEAR package from the server.
- Show Docs: Can read the PEAR package’s documentation.
It is interesting to note that the specific pre-installed PEAR packages are included in cPanel. In order to view the enlisted pre-installed PEAR packages, click on Show System Modules. But, a user cannot remove cPanel’s system modules.
All information on PHP PEAR packages is outlined in this review.