9/21/2012 – Manage BuycPanel Licenses From Your HostBill App
Posted by Jamison on 21 09 2012.
One of the most comprehensive software solutions for any webhosting business is HostBill. Its ease of use and full-featured functionality can make even the most time-consuming tasks seem almost effortless. Many of these mundane tasks can be completely automated, including the creation, suspension, reinstatement, and termination of accounts. However, this is not all that HostBill can do. Here are a few features that you will find useful.
- Hosting automation
- Domain management from your client’s area
- An automation queue shows you what task is scheduled to run next
- DNS management that integrates perfectly with cPanel
- Simple hosting tools to manage email, databases, FTP, backups, and resources
- Colocation services that allow you to monitor bandwidth (any overages will be directly billed to your client’s account), PDU controls, and reverse DNS management
- Order pages include multiple templates
- Billing features that provide access to more than 70 payment gateways, plus invoice templates, and various billing cycle methods
- Support and client management that contains billing, ticketing, and live chat systems
- Forms so you can offer free trials and upgrades
- Security functions that permit you to ban IP’s and emails, create admin IPs, and monitor logins
- Support for multiple languages
- Access to developer resources including modules, templates, hooks, and API
It is also extremely easy for you to sell and manage your HostBill licenses from your BuycPanel.com account. You are also assured that when an account terminates, their license is automatically cancelled.
In order to integrate HostBill with your BuycPanel.com account, you should follow the HostBill procedures as specified here.
Connecting HostBill with BuycPanel
- In HostBill go to Settings > Modules, find and activate BuyCpanel_Provisioning hosting module
- You will be redirected to Settings > Apps to set connection with BuycPanel
- Enter your email registered with BuyCpanel.com and API key obtained from buycpanel.com.
- Use test connection to determine if details are valid.
Creating your first License package
- In HostBill go to Settings > Products & Services, and Add new order page
- From Order Types select Other Services
- After creating order page add new product in it, provide name & Save changes
- In product configuration section, proceed to Connect with App, select BuycPanel module and App server created in previous steps.
- Select license type this product will represent
- Proceed to Components->Forms tab, add two new Text fields, Required input
- For first field under Advanced tab->Variable name enter IP
- For second field under Advanced tab->Variable name enter domain
Creating addons to license package
- In HostBill go to Settings > Product & Addons
- Click on “Duplicate” Next to addon with Module: BuycPanel: Addons
- Provide addon name & set prices
- Under Connect with App, select addon from available at BuycPanel that your new addon will represent.
- To link addon to product, go to product Configuration->Components->Addons and link your license addons with this product