9/08/2014 – Creating and Editing Account Packages in cPanel
Posted by Jamison on 08 09 2014.
cPanel allows every website manager the opportunity to enjoy and to explore the potential of this hosting provider. cPanel makes everything easier and simpler—its apps and tools are designed in a way that will make the process faster and smoother. There are various functions and features which you can work around with cPanel. One of which is that you can create or edit while using your account packages in WHM cPanel.
Once you choose your account in WHM, basically you also choose some resource limits on you account which range from disk space and even to allowing access to SHH. However, there may also be an instance when you want to use the same settings for your various accounts—this is how you can use the packages. A package is a list of resource limits that can be assigned to any account, whether it is an old or a new one. You do not have to change the values manual of your account. Creating a package will require a reseller account, a VPS, or a dedicated server. If you are using shared hosting plans, you are not allowed to create accounts, thus you cannot create a package.
How to add a package?
- Sign in to WHM by visiting https://yourdomain.com:2087or http://whm.yourdomain.com. You can also access WHM by signing in to cPanel and clicking WebHost Manager in the Advanced section.
- On the left side of the screen, type “package” into the search box.
- Click “Add a Package”
- You can assign the name of the package as well as its limits on the next screen.
- Enter the name of the package. It is advisable to use a name that will help you remember the limits of that certain package. One way to do it is to name it based on its available diskspace.
- Determine the limits of your package in the resources section by choosing between the unlimited option or by specifying a specific value in the boxes.
- Settings is the next section where you can set if the package already includes a dedicated IP, if the package is already Front Page and CGI enabled, or if it already allows access to SSH. You can also choose the theme for your package.
- Click Add after setting up all the options and settings that you need.
- Create a new account and select this package.
How to remove a package?
- Sign in to WHM.
- Similar to the steps of creating a package, type “package” in the search box.
- Click on the “Delete a package” link.
- Choose the package you want to delete. Once you have chosen the file, simply click delete.
How to edit a package?
- Similar to creating a package, type “package” in the search box.
- Click on the “Edit a package” link
- Choose the package that you want to edit and the click on edit.
- After which, you can already modify the package limits in the same process when you created them.
- Click on save changes if you are already done with the modifications that you want.
- You can also click on the reset button if you changed something accidentally. This will make the package revert to its original settings.