8/21/2014 – Managing Your Website via cPanel Hosting Dashboard
Posted by Jamison on 21 08 2014.
A website for your business is one of the best investments that you can ever make. It gives you significant incremental results as this serves as your business’ mirror in the digital landscape. This is the first thing that your clients can see, the first window to the products that you offer, and the first step in getting more clients on board. Your website is not just your shop, it is your platform as you grow your business and expand into a more stable enterprise.
Touted as the world’s most familiar web management interface, cPanel has grown popular because it makes hosting and website management easier and more accessible. cPanel offers a set of tools that allow site owners to manage their email accounts, gives access to their file and databases, to facilitate FTP file transfers and SSL security certifications. Its interface dashboards are very user-friendly which offers a selection of features that you will surely use.
Here are the reasons why you should use cPanel in managing your website
- Easy to use. cPanel is highly commended for being a web-based control panel that allows web administrators to quickly manage websites, hosting accounts and domain names. With its easy visual buttons, users can have an immediate control over many web functions which includes their databases, website files, and email accounts.
- Easy to install. Managing the website files is made easy, even for those who are inexperienced in website management.The dashboard offers an easy “Getting Started Wizard” that will guide you through the initial file transfers and email setup processes. New users find the step-by-step tutorials extremely useful, and are guided through every process in the wizard.
- One-Click Applications. Whether you are an experienced or a beginner when it comes to web development, cPanel offers easy-to-use options. Users can easily install applications such as WordPress by simply pressing a WordPress install button located in the dashboard. This means you do not have to worry about PHP code changing, and no need for downloading or manual FTP upload of WordPress files. Imagine how a one-button installation process can make your life much easier.
- Easy access to database. cPanel offers easy database management tasks. Create databases, edit tables, allocate space to a database and other functions can be performed through the visually clear cPanel buttons. Those web developers who need extensive database management can easily access MySQL databases and even add PostgreSQL options.
- Get a backup. cPanel ensures that it is easy and convenient for you to back up your fules. . You just have to click the “Backup Wizard” button and cPanel will guide you through the process of backing up your database, email and website. Once the backup is performed you can download it to your computer or send it to another server.
cPanel is so known to be one of the most essential website tools because the dashboard offers well designed visual elements that help web administrators of all experience levels manage their websites and domain names with a simple one click process or through one of the easy to use wizard options.